Chem correspondence course--thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TarheelGirlx3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I completed the chem 1 & 2 sequence my freshman year and havent had a chem course since (graduating in May). I didn't do so well in chem 102 (C+). For that reason and because I've basically forgotten simple chem concepts all together, would anyone recommend taking chemistry as a correspondence course over summer, for refresher and just to do better? I am not familiar with correspondence course structures, and DO will probably be a very valid option for me so grade replacement is a plus,

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The only problem I could see with it is that it doesn't come with a lab, and that it might not be listed as the same course on your transcript, thus negating the advantage of grade replacement. If you're just doing it for knowledge enhacement, you can audit the course for no credit and leave it at that....or take an online version of the course you already took for full grade replacement. If that's what you meant, then I say go for it if you think you can pull out an A.

Hi all,

So I completed the chem 1 & 2 sequence my freshman year and havent had a chem course since (graduating in May). I didn't do so well in chem 102 (C+). For that reason and because I've basically forgotten simple chem concepts all together, would anyone recommend taking chemistry as a correspondence course over summer, for refresher and just to do better? I am not familiar with correspondence course structures, and DO will probably be a very valid option for me so grade replacement is a plus,

Thanks!

You graduated without taking Orgo? Do you have plans to do a post-bac to meet med school requirements?

Sent from my Nexus 10

I added bio major late, and so I am only graduating with a BA, so yes I am going to study post-bac! But I just want to retake gen chem before diving into orgo. Is retaking looked down upon for MD?