Chem, Zoology and Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Archangelesk99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a pre-med student who's starting out. Im taking Chemistry with lab, Zoology with lab, and Physics with lab. Chemistry also has a discussion section, as does the physics class. It comes to 15 hours on paper, but it's more like 20 hours when lab and the discussion sections are included. Is this too much work load, truthfully? I'm living on savings so I wont have to do a job this semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the input. Any other opinions?

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like a reasonable course load if you have an adequate background in math, since physics and chemistry involve quite a bit of it. If you aren't taking any other gen ed courses on the side, three science courses with labs is a good way to start out.

As I have found (to my dismay) whilst doing a post-bacc... it's always a good idea go have some gen-ed mixed in with the sciences... so when it comes to the last two weeks, and you're "robbing peter to pay paul" (with study time) you can rob something cake-walky like lit instead of chem.

OTOH, pay close attention to what is required for what, and make sure you know if your university offers what you need, when you need it (for instance, I could have started Ochem a year ago, but they only offer the first half in Fall Semester.... so here i am taking ochem 2 now).

just my 2 cents.