Chemical Engineering to Dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oliseh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to know if you guys can give me some advice. I have been pondering on what to do after graduating with a degree in Chemical engineering GPA:3.17. I got a temp job at a cancer research company, working in the pilot plant. I might probably get salary later on, or find another good job. However, i have always had an interest in Dentistry. I have all the pre-requisites except Biology,literally no bio classes since freshman year of high school. Can i take the Dat, studying bio by myself and get in a program? or would i have to have the credits from a university or cc. Also what are my chances with that gpa?

Thanks so much for reading through.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there I'm also an engineering major currently applying this cycle! Good to see there's others out there. You'll definitely need to take two semesters of biology with labs at a university to be able to be accepted I'm pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oh, that's cool. What did you major in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm Mechanical. And as far as your GPA, I've seen people posting about getting in with GPA's lower than that. I also hear that schools take your major into consideration when looking at GPA statistics, and chemical engineering definitely would qualify as one of the more difficult ones.

That's really good to hear :rolleyes::rolleyes:. So what did you use to study for the DAT? and did you stay an extra year, because i know you guys barely have any chem. in your curriculum.

Yep you're right all the pre-requisites added another year for me. I used DAT Destroyer and DAT Bootcamp.

I'm Mechanical. And as far as your GPA, I've seen people posting about getting in with GPA's lower than that. I also hear that schools take your major into consideration when looking at GPA statistics, and chemical engineering definitely would qualify as one of the more difficult ones.

Would love to hear how you prepared as well!