Chemorefractory dlbcl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaganite

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How high have you guys gone? Have a lady who presented with about a 7cm neck mass, initially responded to chemo but over final 2 cycles exploded to a 12+ cm mass. Not a candidate for any further chemotherapy, transplant, etc. Has been under external beam with me and has completed about 45 Gy already And only this week have I begun to see some shrinkage of tumor. I see recommendations suggesting treating these up to 55 Gy but I'm thinking that might not be enough. thoughts? She is tolerating treatment extremely well for what it's worth

Members don't see this ad.

If grossly non-metastatic, treating to 60 Gy makes sense.. Is it activated B-cell–like subtype?

Reactions: 1 user
I had a large refractory testicular dlbcl that seemed to do nothing through treatment until I hit about 40-45 Gy and then it started to shrink down. I ended up going to 55.8 Gy, I believe nccn blesses up to 55 Gy in this situation.

Would hit it hard though, 60 Gy ISRT should not be a problem with imrt, just talk it over with the patient.

If she fails, harsher chemo and eventual transplant will be far worse

Reactions: 1 user