Chicago people with EMT-B

Started by AlkaIL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlkaIL

New Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it hard to get a job as a tech or EMT after taking EMT-B exam in Chicago? I'd like to sign up for a class but don't see many opportunities for EMT-B job listings. Thanks.

Alka
 
Getting a job as a emt on a rig is beyond easy.

Message me if you want some info.
 
I'm also interested in Chicago. Taking a course an EMT-B here in Texas and want to move to Chicago after. I know starting pay is low, but can one finance a 1-bedroom apartment? What's starting hourly pay and how's the overtime situation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pay is anywhere from 9 to 11 an hour

the company i work for gives you a 4 dollar per call bonus

overtime is here if you want it

as far as the 1 bedroom in chicago i wouldnt think so.. i rent from mny parents and pay 400 just for utiities
 
Pay is abysmally low......
I couldnt do it. It's like $9, I think. I dont make much more ($12) but I couldnt take the pay cut right now. For EMT-B, it is far more lucrative to become an ER Tech, if you can get it.
Im in paramedic school right now, and STILL havent gotten any call backs for a tech job on the resumes I sent out.
One bedroom appartments in Chicago will probably run about $600, not including utilities. Sometimes much more.. It's not cheap to live here!
 
Pay is abysmally low......
I couldnt do it. It's like $9, I think. I dont make much more ($12) but I couldnt take the pay cut right now. For EMT-B, it is far more lucrative to become an ER Tech, if you can get it.
Im in paramedic school right now, and STILL havent gotten any call backs for a tech job on the resumes I sent out.
One bedroom appartments in Chicago will probably run about $600, not including utilities. Sometimes much more.. It's not cheap to live here!

A price for a studio apartment in a decent neighborhood here in California is unheard of at that price.
 
I recentley got my EMT-B cert and went sniffing around for a job in Chicago. I ended up taking a job as a PCT (basically CNA) at RUSH because it pays closer to a living wage (12.21). I still really want to get some EMS experience thou, does anyone know where I can work part time on a flexable basis because my shifts at RUSH rotate a bit. Thanks