I'm a current prelim at Christ. This year, we've been working about 60-70 hours/week during call months (7 floor months, 2 MICU months). On the floors, sign-in is at 7:30 a.m. (you come in before that to preround), and sign-out is at 4 p.m. I've actually rarely left beyond 4:30 p.m. when I'm not on-call. In the unit, the hours are approximately 7-4:30. You have q6 overnight call both on the floor AND in the unit. The MICU rotation at Christ is definitely more relaxed than most programs from what I've seen, particularly as an intern where you barely cross-cover (most of that responsibility falls on your senior resident and the night float resident), so you actually get sleep at night. Floors in some ways are more hectic than the MICU as an intern. They just changed the system to q6 from q4 call last year, and everyone seems to be satisfied with it, so I'm pretty sure the system will be the same next year.
I live in downtown Chicago / River North and it takes me about 30 mins to get there in the mornings (via I-90/94, I-55 and Pulaski) and about 45 mins to get back in the evenings; you can probably add another 15 minutes to those commute times during inclement weather or if you live in Lincoln Park / Lakeview. You end up doing a reverse traffic commute for the most part, so traffic really isn't too bad, especially at the hours you'll be driving.
I did also interview at Loyola and Lutheran for prelim positions last year, but I don't remember enough about those places to comment on them here. If you have any other questions, though, feel free to PM me.