Chicago State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!! Will you be accepting your seat?

BTW, anyone receive the second packet yet? I'm hoping we get our financial aid award letter soon. But we aren't even in the system at CSU yet. I tried logging into CSU Xpress and wasn't able to. Anyone else try?

I have'nt received the second packet yet. Did you receive any sort of notification by CSU as to whether they received your fafsa application? I would like to start on the financial process, but unfortunatly I dont know where to start.... Also, on the website they have not uploaded the 2009-2010 stafford loan request form.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! Will you be accepting your seat?

BTW, anyone receive the second packet yet? I'm hoping we get our financial aid award letter soon. But we aren't even in the system at CSU yet. I tried logging into CSU Xpress and wasn't able to. Anyone else try?

Thank you. I am going to accept my seat. I'm so excited! :p

I have'nt received the second packet yet. Did you receive any sort of notification by CSU as to whether they received your fafsa application? I would like to start on the financial process, but unfortunatly I dont know where to start.... Also, on the website they have not uploaded the 2009-2010 stafford loan request form.

I noticed that the Stafford Loan request isn't up yet too. I haven't received confirmation from CSU about my FAFSA either. Indeed we need to get stared on the financial process. We definitely need to know where we stand that way we can seek privarte education loans if need be. I was looking through the CSU-COP website and according to lasst years info, they didn't get disbursement of funds unitl one week prior. I wonder how it would be this year. That isn't enought time for me to get my materials, books and supplies. Besides, the school supply sales are in the beginning of August!

I think I might contact Amalia to see where we stand as far as financial aid.

Members don't see this ad :)
I noticed that the Stafford Loan request isn't up yet too. I haven't received confirmation from CSU about my FAFSA either. Indeed we need to get stared on the financial process. We definitely need to know where we stand that way we can seek privarte education loans if need be. I was looking through the CSU-COP website and according to lasst years info, they didn't get disbursement of funds unitl one week prior. I wonder how it would be this year. That isn't enought time for me to get my materials, books and supplies. Besides, the school supply sales are in the beginning of August!

I think I might contact Amalia to see where we stand as far as financial aid.

Below is the website in which it states that award letters will be sent out in late May.

http://www.csu.edu/financialaid/financialaidawardstatus.htm

I just got my acceptance letter today after being placed on the waiting list. I am so exhausted from the relief. I need to know what to do next, but I haven't received my matriculation packet. Any suggestions?

I just got my acceptance letter today after being placed on the waiting list. I am so exhausted from the relief. I need to know what to do next, but I haven't received my matriculation packet. Any suggestions?

Congrats! I know exactly how you feel. I got my acceptance yesterday. I'm trying to start on all of the immunizations. Does anybody know exactly what we are supposed to have done by the time school starts? I know the Hep. B series will take 6 months to complete...do we just need proof that we started those vaccines? :confused: Any help with this stuff would be appreciated...

Congrats! I know exactly how you feel. I got my acceptance yesterday. I'm trying to start on all of the immunizations. Does anybody know exactly what we are supposed to have done by the time school starts? I know the Hep. B series will take 6 months to complete...do we just need proof that we started those vaccines? :confused: Any help with this stuff would be appreciated...

You should have received all of the vaccines including the hepatitis B series if you attended grade school in the US. However, you will have to give a blood sample to your physician's office or a lab group so they can check your immunity for the respecitive diseases. Hope this info helps!

Yayyy, i took titres for the various vaccines i had to take, and guess what? i had immunities to most of these viral diseases. So i will have to take just one vaccine, which i was not immuned to. So make sure u get your titres doneee!

Also remember that if a titer comes back negative and you have gotten the immunization shot, the CDC says that titers don't always come back positive for immunization. You can use that.

i just got my acceptance letter today after being placed on the waiting list. I am so exhausted from the relief. I need to know what to do next, but i haven't received my matriculation packet. Any suggestions?

congratulations!!!!!!!!

Congrats man. I am sure you feel like a million bucks now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting worried.. is anyone else still waiting to get off the alternate list?

Im still waiting... it's not looking too good
But, congrats to those who got in. What a sigh of relief

Im still waiting... it's not looking too good
But, congrats to those who got in. What a sigh of relief

Hey, you go to UF too? I hope you get in, it would be awesome to have a fellow gator up north with me when and if UF rejects me.

Good Luck! Hang in There!:thumbup:

Congrats man. I am sure you feel like a million bucks now.
Thanks...it is such a relief. But now I am behind on all of my matriculation stuff because I haven't even received the first packet yet. But I have a feeling I can catch up on most of the stuff. I have all of the immunizations already I just need to get the titers done.

Good news my fellow class of 2013. You can acces your financial aid award info via CSU Xpress! Enter you ss# then your birthdate in mmddyy format. You will be prompted to change your pin accept terms of using the system and you're there. I finally feel like I belong!!!

I just got my acceptance email!!! I am sssooo excited!!! yay!! Finally.. all my hard work paid off!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to those who got in!!!!! I thought i told ya the game was not over!

I just got my acceptance email!!! I am sssooo excited!!! yay!! Finally.. all my hard work paid off!!!
Congrats on getting in. I can tell you are really excited.

hey, ive heard chicago state is a pre candidate for acpe accredidation...and it cannot be fully approved until the first class graduates. Does anyone know anything bout this or ne status change?

CSU-COP has already been granted pre-candidate status in the Summer of last year. I remember a member mentioning that an on site visit was conducted last month to determine Candidate status, which will allow the program to continually develop as planned(they will surely get this). From there once the the first class, c/o 2012, graduates they will be granted full accredation. Hope this clarifies things.

no problem.. are you applying to CSU-COP?

hello everyone,
this is my first time using this.
i just wanted to know if anyone receieved any GRANTS from financial aid. They told me I couldnt receive any because pharmacy is considered Graduate school?:confused::confused:

FYI: The class size has been moved from 87 -> 90 students.

anyone get the email from CSU, giving a booklist incase we are pulled from the waitinglist?

They most def. will, i am sure of this... But yea, i check my email 10x a day
We still got time just hang in there and good luck

They most def. will, i am sure of this... But yea, i check my email 10x a day
We still got time just hang in there and good luck

I got accepted to some other schools, so I will most likely give up my spot by the end of this week. :D Chicago is too far away from home, and I'm too used to warm Florida weather. I hope you get my spot...good luck!

amaila called me a few hours ago! i got pulled off the waitlist!!

go lucky class of 2013!!! :)

Well looks like CSU just got their candidate status!!! whoo hoo! Thank God!. Cant wait to meet my fellow classmates of 2013!:D

Does anyone know if you can return unused federal stafford loans without penalty if you accepted the financial aid award and didnt need it all? :confused:

told csu cop yesterday that i will not be accepting my seat! so congratulations to one more person who will be pulled off the waiting list! good luck!

Got a call from CSU today asking me if I've already accepted any other offers....I never even interviewed there.

Got a call from CSU today asking me if I've already accepted any other offers....I never even interviewed there.

I received that same call.

For those of you who have been there a year now I have to ask... how's the neighborhood? What's the campus like? I've heard horror stories from people that lived in Chicago (though did not actually attend the school) about safety. I looked it up on Google Earth and the campus itself looks nice, but I'd rather hear from some people who have had "boots on the ground" so to speak.

Thank you in advance!

For those of you who have been there a year now I have to ask... how's the neighborhood? What's the campus like? I've heard horror stories from people that lived in Chicago (though did not actually attend the school) about safety. I looked it up on Google Earth and the campus itself looks nice, but I'd rather hear from some people who have had "boots on the ground" so to speak.

Thank you in advance!

I am a P1 student at CSU, and the surrounding area is typical for most outlying areas in Chicago. It is beat up, however the campus itself is nice and is under heavy surveillance by university police. There have been no crimes on campus for many years, as we were given crime statistics of the campus and comparable areas in Chicago and Illinois during interviews last year. Also, the university buildings are nestled in the center of a large campus which has been secluded from any crimes in recent years. In addition, the campus police do a great job, not just patrolling the school, but the surrounding vicinity.

I am a P1 student at CSU, and the surrounding area is typical for most outlying areas in Chicago. It is beat up, however the campus itself is nice and is under heavy surveillance by university police. There have been no crimes on campus for many years, as we were given crime statistics of the campus and comparable areas in Chicago and Illinois during interviews last year. Also, the university buildings are nestled in the center of a large campus which has been secluded from any crimes in recent years. In addition, the campus police do a great job, not just patrolling the school, but the surrounding vicinity.

Is the campus away from the big city? Is there a lot to do in the Chicago area? lots of diversity? How is the curriculum your first year? How soon after your interview, did they contact you?

Is the campus away from the big city? Is there a lot to do in the Chicago area? lots of diversity? How is the curriculum your first year? How soon after your interview, did they contact you?

Campus is on the southside of chicago. Downtown is right there. yes there is a whole bunch to in the city. Chicago state has a large african american population in the surrounding neighborhoods. Chicagos a melting pot baby.

Campus is on the southside of chicago. Downtown is right there. yes there is a whole bunch to in the city. Chicago state has a large african american population in the surrounding neighborhoods. Chicagos a melting pot baby.

I'm scared about the accreditation process. What if CSU doesn't get accredited? What happens to those who attend teh COP? Will it look bad on us too?

I'm scared about the accreditation process. What if CSU doesn't get accredited? What happens to those who attend teh COP? Will it look bad on us too?

I have a friend that goes there and asked him the same thing. Hes not worried at all. I messaged him regarding the issue because I was debating whether to go to the interview or not because I was accepted to MWU already and this is what he said,

"its great in tuition. But that accredition bull**** is just media frenzy going crazy. There will be accrediated. Its all poltics because they just received 40 million in aid and lot of people got piss on that issue. Just go to the interview. Tutiton is 20000 a year compare to 30000 at MWU. U decide. If you comin you have to decide this school is all self learning."

The reason I dont want to go there is because its a new school. With the chicago pharmacist market being saturated I think my chances of finding a job here will be easier if I go to a well established school like MWU. Good luck.

It is actually a bit of a trip to downtown Chicago from CSU. It is at 95th St.

My understanding is that ACPE requires regional accreditation. If the school was to loose it, they would loose in turn ACPE accreditation.

The $40 million aid issue is a completely different issue. The school received an unsolicited $40 million to build a campus on the west side. CSU has discussed this idea, but had no intentions to act on it. The state rep sponsoring the grant said one of the reasons for them to build the campus was because there are no public 4 year schools on the west side. However, UIC is located on the west side. There are three public 4 year universities in Chicago: NEIU (on the north side), UIC (on the west side), and CSU (on the south side). All three are located near public transportation. The general opinion about CSU is that they should focus on improving their current program before even thinking about expanding.

Chicago is on paper a diverse city. In reality, most neighborhoods are segregated.

It is actually a bit of a trip to downtown Chicago from CSU. It is at 95th St.

My understanding is that ACPE requires regional accreditation. If the school was to loose it, they would loose in turn ACPE accreditation.

The $40 million aid issue is a completely different issue. The school received an unsolicited $40 million to build a campus on the west side. CSU has discussed this idea, but had no intentions to act on it. The state rep sponsoring the grant said one of the reasons for them to build the campus was because there are no public 4 year schools on the west side. However, UIC is located on the west side. There are three public 4 year universities in Chicago: NEIU (on the north side), UIC (on the west side), and CSU (on the south side). All three are located near public transportation. The general opinion about CSU is that they should focus on improving their current program before even thinking about expanding.

Chicago is on paper a diverse city. In reality, most neighborhoods are segregated.

My concern is being in an area that isn't safe. Since most of you mention that CSU is on the south side, its making me wonder whether it would be safe to live there. What are the neighborhoods like? The people?

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone in here have been to the interview at CSU. Can you post the interview feedback. I have not seen a thread for interview feedback for this school yet. Thank you.

My concern is being in an area that isn't safe. Since most of you mention that CSU is on the south side, its making me wonder whether it would be safe to live there. What are the neighborhoods like? The people?

While I hear the campus itself is mostly safe, it would not be safe to live near this campus. The neighborhoods around it are very rough areas.

While I hear the campus itself is mostly safe, it would not be safe to live near this campus. The neighborhoods around it are very rough areas.

Most students live in the south loop or in Hyde Park, which are relatively safe areas.