Chicago State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So the admissions comittee met today wednesday! Definately some decision emails should be going out pretty soon, especially those who interviewed in march. UIC applicants recieved their email decisions today, and those who got in are very excited because many are called, but few are choosen. I hope in our case, it wil be many are called, and many are choosen.....so cheer up everyone, and lets keep on holding on!

I just got my acceptance email from CSU, so excited and I hope everyone will be getting acceptances too. GOOD LUCK:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my acceptance email from CSU, so excited and I hope everyone will be getting acceptances too. GOOD LUCK:laugh:

congrats...when was your interview ?

Is'nt that just some wonderful news for ya? Congratulations buddy, and im happy for u. At least that weight has been lifted from your head, I an still carrying that weight. Cant wait for that wonderful email to come. How did ur email look loike?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats...when was your interview ?

I interviewed on March 23rd. As for the acceptance email, it was brief and just stated my acceptance and that I should be receiving a matriculation letter in the next few weeks. Other than that CSU is the front runner of my choices as I live in the western suburbs, and the faculty is amazing. Hope to hear good news from you guys and best wishes.

was your interview in the morning or afternoon session? if you dont mind me asking
I interviewed on March 23rd. As for the acceptance email, it was brief and just stated my acceptance and that I should be receiving a matriculation letter in the next few weeks. Other than that CSU is the front runner of my choices as I live in the western suburbs, and the faculty is amazing. Hope to hear good news from you guys and best wishes.

WooHoo!!! CONGRATS FUTURE FELLOW CLASSMATE!!!!:highfive: Go Pill Filler, It's your birthday, Go Pill Filler, It's your birthday:lock:

just wanted to let you guys know, i received that dreaded hold email back in march, but i just received my acceptance letter today!! cant wait to meet all you guys...for those who have the hold email, dont lose faith...

just wanted to let you guys know, i received that dreaded hold email back in march, but i just received my acceptance letter today!! cant wait to meet all you guys...for those who have the hold email, dont lose faith...

Congrats!!! :idea:We Should make a facebook group:idea:!

if you dont mind me asking.. when did you receive your hold email? I interviewed on march 23rd and I have not received an email for anything yet? WHen was your interview and how long did it take for you to get an email from them? Please let me know. Thanks

anyone know how many students they admit from each interview date..or it doesnt matter as long as you qualify ??

Just got accepted to my home school CSU. Will go there for the Fall. I will decline my other two seats from Regis and Maryland. CSU pharmacy is no joke. You will be studying countless hours with many test each week.

I just got hold email from Csu, i dont know if this is bad or good?

i just got the hold email too! what does that mean?!?! i interviewed on monday...that was quick. i hope this isnt bad news...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got placed on the hold too. I think it means your application is still going to be under review but they cannot make a final decision until you have all the items in your application complete...for me, I am still missing a letter of rec.

I just got hold email from Csu, i dont know if this is bad or good?

For those of you waiting for a seat....I am giving mine up. So good luck:thumbup:

One more spot open:)

I received my hold email back in early march, it was like 2-3 weeks after my interview date, I was like the first group to interview at csu. As for the hold email, I took it as I didnt make it through the first cut or the first go through...but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I was a person that was put on hold and was accepted, so hope is still there. I think what they do now is go back through and take a look at your app maybe a little more thoroughly?

I received my hold email back in early march, it was like 2-3 weeks after my interview date, I was like the first group to interview at csu. As for the hold email, I took it as I didnt make it through the first cut or the first go through...but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I was a person that was put on hold and was accepted, so hope is still there. I think what they do now is go back through and take a look at your app maybe a little more thoroughly?

Congrats to your acceptance! Were you put on hold because you were missing something from your application?(i.e letter of rec)

Did u do anything extra after your hold email? Did you like send somthing extra to boost your chances?

Hopefully I can provide some help.

Interview: 2/20
Hold: 3/3
Acceptance 3/25

I'm not entirely sure why I was put on hold but I believe it may have had something to do with my lack of pharmacy experience, but I'm not too sure. I didn't do anything special in particular, or turn in any special documentations. From my experience, I imagine the hold is given in order to compare you to other competitive applicants more thoroughly. In certain cases, however, documents among other important things are inhibiting factors, I'm sure, and could cause the admissions committee to place your application on hold. If other spots open up or the admissions committee feels your application packet and interview are stronger than others then you will eventually receive that joyous email, but this is only a hypothesis to their protocol. Best of luck to you all. And to those who are accepted and are planning on attending, I'm working on a facebook page for the future C/O 2013 can't wait to see you all there!

im not sure why i was placed initially placed on hold. i actually graduated in december 07, so i had all the classes done and the lor's in...i didnt do anything extra after. just sat back and tried not to panic too much.

Thanks for all of you here, we are waiting now...I just hope this will not take much long, in the email it says they will reply to us by May 19th i guess which is long period of time...Cant wait though..i will not loose the faith..:thumbup:

Cannot wait for this coming wednesday when the comittee meets again. I know more decisions will be made. Can't stop praying it all goes well. Let me know if anyone hears something on wednesday.

Cannot wait for this coming wednesday when the comittee meets again. I know more decisions will be made. Can't stop praying it all goes well. Let me know if anyone hears something on wednesday.

I hear you. I as well am anxiously waiting.

Did anyone receive a hold email? I have not received an email at all? I interviewed on the 23rd... I dont know if that is a good or bad thing :(

Did anyone receive a hold email? I have not received an email at all? I interviewed on the 23rd... I dont know if that is a good or bad thing :(

I haven't received anything either. I interviewed April 2. All we can do is wait. I don't think it's bad either.

we are still waiting..keep praying guys, :)

I think that just means they have'nt been able to review your file yet. Good Luck

So it's Hump Day again, the day when the admissions comittee meets. Guys some email will be going out today, lets pray these emails are good ones. Can't wait to hear from them. Let us know if anyone recieves a feeback from the school.....Keep holding on people, we are one!

Did anyone hear from the school today? I thought they met yesterday?

i didnt hear anything yet...still waiting and praying..good luck everyone

Congrats on those of you that have been accepted! Has anyone received further documents following the matriculation agreement? What are we suppose to do now? I've email Amalia twice within the past 3 weeks...no response yet!!

Hang in there guys!!!!:xf: I think they will be emailing out acceptances tomorrow too... not entirely sure, but just hang in there guys! It isn't over yet!

So it's Hump Day again, the day when the admissions comittee meets. Guys some email will be going out today, lets pray these emails are good ones. Can't wait to hear from them. Let us know if anyone recieves a feeback from the school.....Keep holding on people, we are one!

From what I remember from the interview information session, Dr. Ellison mentioned that the ACPE commitee is holding the on site visit for candidate status this week. Therefore, I would think that their sole focus is on this visit this week. So don't loose hope guys!

Ya ya ya, thats very right. I think i remember that too. That def means they are focusing on that visit right now. So it means the comittee meets next wednesday since they were busy with the visit this week. So i guess we just keep on waiting.

anyone got hold or any email from CSU ?, I am too still waiting, I Do not want to sound weird but I feel this waiting game came in a wrong time since we all have busy weeks coming up with finals and exams...but keep praying and good luck everyone :D

No word over here either! This waiting game is killing me... I wonder how many people they already sent acceptance letters to.

If you don't get your acceptance letters this week, dont freak out... their not slacking. ACPE was here all week. The whole college was extremely busy, so please keep this in mind. Best of luck.

Ok Thanks James! Appreciate you letting us know :)

Check your emails!!! I just received my acceptance email. Woohoo!!! Class of 2013!

Is there a difference between being placed on the "hold list" and being placed on the "alternate list"? Because I was placed on the alternate list. Is this a good thing or bad thing. My email never mentioned the word "hold".

Is there a difference between being placed on the "hold list" and being placed on the "alternate list"? Because I was placed on the alternate list. Is this a good thing or bad thing. My email never mentioned the word "hold".

I got the same email. I was placed on the alternate list?? Are the applicant's numbered?? If so, can we know our number? I really dont know if this is a good or bad thing?

i got the hold email for the 2/20 interview and i just got the alternate list email today. I don't know what will happen now....
good luck to anyone else who is waiting

alternate list...bummer...does anybody know if the the alt. list is ranked?

i received an alternate list email also...:(

And i recieved the alternate list email too. Can't stop my mind from wondering about my chances of getting in. I hope some spaces show up:xf:. Any ideas about chances of getting in after beign placed on this list? And it is not numbered, so i wonder how people from this list will be selected to fill vaccancies.

I got accepted but I am turning it down. I guess that's good for someone who is on the alternate list (hopefully one of the people that just posted).

And i recieved the alternate list email too. Can't stop my mind from wondering about my chances of getting in. I hope some spaces show up:xf:. Any ideas about chances of getting in after beign placed on this list? And it is not numbered, so i wonder how people from this list will be selected to fill vaccancies.

If the alternate list is not ranked... how do they determine who is next??? Does anyone know how many people get on the alternate list?