Child Neurology Match 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skapadia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a new thread for all those applying to Child Neurology for 2016 Match

Let's keep posted on where you are in the interview trail :) List the program and interview date below

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews
Mayo Clinic, 10/20-22
Rochester, 11/2-3
Hofstra, 11/6
Kentucky, 11/17
U Chicago, 11/30
U Mississippi 1/8
U Florida 11/9
St. Louis U tbd

Rejected
St. Christopher's Hospital Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Duke: October 30
Loma Linda: Nov 12
UC Irvine: Nov 13
Johns Hopkins: Nov 19-20
CHLA: Nov 24-25
Cleveland Clinic: Dec 1-2
Mayo: Dec 8-10
Albert Einstein: Dec 16
U of Chicago: Jan 4
Children's Mercy: Jan 5-6
Emory: Jan 11
LSU: Jan 13
UT Houston: Jan 22
Case Western

Last edited:
Baylor: 10/28-29
UT Memphis: 11/2
UAB: 11/19
LSU: 12/16
NYU: 1/5

Last edited:
Did anyone else see anything about OHSU's program no longer being available

Rejection from Cinci

Last edited:
Loma Linda, 11/10
UAB, 11/19

Last edited:
LSU 10/14
Baylor 10/28
Duke 11/3
Johns Hopkins 11/12
Albert Einstein 11/18
NYP-Cornell 11/20
Stanford 11/24
U Colorado 12/9
UT Memphis 12/15
UAB 12/17
Children's Mercy KC 1/4
Emory 1/11
UTSW Dallas 1/28

waitlist: cincy

Last edited:
Did anyone else see anything about OHSU's program no longer being available?
I just got an email from their program director confirming that they are not offering interviews this year

"Good morning,
Unfortunately, our program is not recruiting for a position beginning in July 2016. We expect to recruit a resident to begin in the 2017-2018 year. The ERAS system might have allowed you to apply in error and we apologize for the confusion. We wish you the best during this application season.
Thank you,
Ames Elliot
Program Coordinator"

Are there any schools that still have not sent out any invites? I still haven't heard back from any of the Boston programs, CHOP, or UWash. Anyone here heard back from these? I'm trying to gauge whether I can realistically expect any more interviews. Do some programs still send out invites into November?

Are there any schools that still have not sent out any invites? I still haven't heard back from any of the Boston programs, CHOP, or UWash. Anyone here heard back from these? I'm trying to gauge whether I can realistically expect any more interviews. Do some programs still send out invites into November?

I haven't heard back from those either so I'm hoping there are more invites to come.

I know that CHOP and all of the Boston programs (except not sure about Tufts) have sent invites. Didn't apply to UWash, though, so I'm no help there. I hope you hear soon!

Got a rejection from one boston one, rejection from uwash. Don't think CHOP has responded.

But it seems that at this point the majority of child neuro programs are pretty much done sending out invites.

So I got sick and tired of waiting around and emailed all the programs that had not yet communicated with me. Some replied with a rejection, some wait listed me, and some did not respond. But just got an invite from one of my top programs this week--so I guess it was worth it.

What was everyone's impression of the places they interviewed at?