Child Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medicine12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have matched to a transitional year and I'm SOAPing some child neurology programs, do they require anything other than prelim medicine? Any Peds training?
 
Prerequisites for child neurology include a minimum of two years in an ACGME-approved residency program in pediatrics or one year of pediatrics and one year of internal medicine or neuroscience research - the standard preparation is two years of pediatric training.
 
I think you can start with a transitional year (with specific requirements) and then do 12 months of pedi before Child Neuro. I guess you'd have to re-enter the match next year for a pedi prelim?

Best of luck SOAPing! Child Neuro wasn't on ERAS this year, so I hope the SOAP process isn't too cumbersome.