Child Psychiatry Scramble Prospects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Burning River

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to child psych fellowships this year and only received two interviews, leaving me with a reasonable suspicion that I may not match. Does anyone have knowledge or insight about the types of programs that are available at the scramble stage or what one might expect from this process?
 
Tons of open positions in SOAP and scramble last year. Look at the NRMP data and you'll see the programs that didn't fill.
 
Love the comments. I applied very late as well. Received 3 interviews after emailing a bunch of programs that already “were done with interviews”. 2 of those programs offered out of the match contracts but the program I liked the most, is going through the match so I am taking my chance with a single program in my ROL.
That being said, a co-resident of mine was in the same spot a couple of years ago. She did not match but all the programs with unfilled spots get the people that applied and didn’t match so at that point you might get a bunch of offers from actually great programs that due to location or sheer luck didn’t get filled and you will get to choose 🙂
Hope that’s helpful and good luck!