Children's Mercy - Kansas City, MO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone that know's this program well - could you please give me reasons NOT to rank this way, way up on my rank list? It was the best children's hospital I interviewed at - but something had to be negative with it, right?

HELP PLEASE!

Members don't see this ad.

if you can live in Kansas city, then go for it..... i have not heard BUT good things about the program.... and Dr. Kennedy, the PD, is awsome.
good luck.

Noelle said:
but something had to be negative with it, right?

HELP PLEASE!

No. I live in KC and my niece has been to children's mercy quite often. I love the hospital. As far as KC goes, it is an awesome town to live in with a little bit of everything and low cost of living. And talk about bar-b-Q!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from KC and have done all my peds rotations at Children's Mercy. I'm even there this month doing another elective. In my mind there truly is no negative aspect of the peds program there. It is a great hospital, has awesome attendings, staff and nurses. All the residents and attendings I have worked with so far have been so extremely nice. I want to do med-peds and one of the main reasons I want to stay in KC is just because Children's Mercy is so great. So if your heart is telling you you liked it then trust it. Yeah I'm sure somewhere along the way there is a negative aspect of it, but you'll find something negative with every program if you search long and hard for it.

I grew up in Kansas City and did a month rotation at children's mercy earlier this year. I was really impressed. The facilities are awesome. All of the residents and attendings I worked with were great. Also, Children's Mercy did just ranked 12th or 13th in the Child rank list and they do really good on boards. Kansas City is a great place to live with lots to do. I would say go for it and I think you will end up happy.

Thanks everybody! After a long day of thinking I'm ranking it first! So much for me wanting to get out of the midwest! :)