chill first semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GTea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've posted this in Pre-Allo too, but I'd like to know what the current students think of this.

UW-madison has a summer anatomy course we can take before we officially begin medschool. But it starts on June 1st. Do you think taking this option and easing up fall semester is a good idea?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

for the love of humanity: ENJOY YOUR SUMMER AND WORRY ABOUT ANATOMY IN THE FALL!

for the love of humanity: ENJOY YOUR SUMMER AND WORRY ABOUT ANATOMY IN THE FALL!

exactly!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've never taken anatomy it might not be a bad idea. I'll tell you one thing, the people that came in with anatomy experience were on an entirely different level than the rest of us (well, at least for the first block). If you are not naturally gifted when it comes to learning at the speed of light, it might be worth the time and effort. One note -- if you told me you wanted to take an anatomy class outside of your school, (like community college or something), I would say its probably not worth it . However, since the program is run through your own school it could be a huge help.

Don't do it! Come November when you are grinding through just the same as everyone else, you will be able to think back to your carefree summer and smile. Really, how many more summers will you have?

Even though it may not seem the most fun way to spend the summer, it could help you out a lot during school. I wish my school had offered a program like that. The people that came in with anatomy experience did much better in general that those that didn't.