1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Chiropracter vs. DO

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Dumpy, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

I have a question regarding the difference between a chiropracter and a DO. I know that they both concentrate mainly on the skeletal system, and they both do massage as part of their therapy, but what makes them DIFFERENT? I ask because I have a 2.9 and a 24 on the MCAT and I need to decide which type of school is better to attend. Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. evines

evines peek-a-boo
    10+ Year Member

Dumpy, WTF?
    Here is a quote from you:

"Is anyone here at all worried or upset about the quality of people with whom you will be attending school? A lot of the people on these forums are posting complaints about how they have a 3.1 and a 27 MCAT "Can I still get in?!!!!!!!". The sad thing is, one year and one useless post-bacc program later, they ARE in. These people are going to be doctors! These are the people that are going to end up the targets of malpractice suits and drive malpractice insurance up and public opinion down for the rest of us, who actually deserve to be where we are. I say, if you don't have the time or work ethic to do well enough to get into medical school off the bat, don't try to find a back door, just do something else. I acknowledge that this isn't true of everyone who does post-bacc work to get in (non-trads especially). For those of you who attended undergrad starting at age 18, declared yourself a "pre-med" major (or biology major), and then SCREWED UP, have a little respect and class and step aside."

If you are going to troll, at least be funny.

4. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

I'm not going to medical school... that post was directed at all of the people in the Pre-Allo forum. You'll notice that I asked them if THEY were going to be worried. Theres no way in hell that I would want to be an MD. :laugh:

5. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'll bite on the possible trollism.

Chiropractic deals with subluxations and spinal alignment. A chiropractor is not a fully licensed physician.

DO's are fully licensed physicians in the US and can go into any residency.

6. EastCoaster78

EastCoaster78 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

well at least its not another md vs do thread, but u gotta give it to the troll for being original

7. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

What is a subluxation?

So, DOs are fully licensed, does that mean they can go into any skeletal residency in the US, or only at certain hospitals?

Thanks!

8. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is way out of character for me, but are you really that stupid? Maybe there is a reason that you have such a bad application. What is a skeletal residency? If by chance you are not a troll and aren't as stupid as you sound, then check out AACOM before you make a bigger fool out of yourself.

wbdo

9. Fin-Nor

Fin-Nor ******
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i dont think he's worried about that

10. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

Well, there's no way I could be as smart as someone who quotes a quack physician from the 1890's... I especially like that you chose a quote from Still where he makes some arrogant remark about the proof being in the pudding, when everything he stands for is a pathetic joke.

Anyways, to get back on topic, what is a subluxation?

11. VentdependenT

VentdependenT You didnt build thaT
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Most of us do Skeletology residency in the United States of America. Otherwise we do Bone Doctorology and Ligament Alignment Life Force Redirectology residencies in forgien lands.

Feel free to visit our bone cracking clinics anywhere in the US, or visit our time machine in Alaska. Its your pick.

12. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

How hard is it to land a Skeletology residence? Thats my main concern, because I know that chiropracters can set up shop and ruin people's health anywhere they want. For instance (true story), I just ran across a chiropracter booth/advertising stand in the mall today. Sounds like good stuff to me.

Do you think I have to take the USMLE to get into Skeletology, or will COMLEX do?

13. EastCoaster78

EastCoaster78 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Leave it alone already, dude is a troll and a douchebag.

14. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

Why am I a douchebag? I simply want to find out the differences between chiropractic and osteopathy!!

15. VentdependenT

VentdependenT You didnt build thaT
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Well Dumpy, I hate to break it to you, but if you want a top tier Skeletology and Knuckle Craktology residency you should take the USMLE!

If you only take the COMLEX you could be limiting yourself. Do you really want to be stuck doin an 8 year Pelvic Crotchtology residency in rural New Mexico?

You buy anything at the mall today? Perhaps tampons?

16. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

Yes, I did buy some things. I bought a "Hello, Kitty" diary and a self-help book. What's it to you?

Why is everyone so angry with me? Is my question about chiropracter vs. DO really that strange? Geez...

17. xXAnksXx

10+ Year Member

You are a F#%&in moron, I feel for your patients.... Hopefully if there is a God, you will never have patients.:) Sorry I dont mean to be a jerk but please.... my buddy imed me this post he says you are a ******....

18. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

Is that what your buddy said? Well, I'm hurt. I thought your buddy and I were friends. And, I have to break it to you, you WERE being kind of a jerk. I don't mean to be harsh, but you asked.

19. Dave81

Dave81 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This thread is too freaking funny.... VentdependenT you are the bomb! :laugh:

Originally Posted by VentdependenT
    Most of us do Skeletology residency in the United States of America. Otherwise we do Bone Doctorology and Ligament Alignment Life Force Redirectology residencies in forgien lands.

Feel free to visit our bone cracking clinics anywhere in the US, or visit our time machine in Alaska. Its your pick.

Originally Posted by VentdependenT
    Well Dumpy, I hate to break it to you, but if you want a top tier Skeletology and Knuckle Craktology residency you should take the USMLE!

If you only take the COMLEX you could be limiting yourself. Do you really want to be stuck doin an 8 year Pelvic Crotchtology residency in rural New Mexico?

20. Dumpy

Dumpy 1,000,000+ Posts
    5+ Year Member

I agree... he is "the bomb".

21. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Closed. Thanks for reporting it!

Vent - you are too damn funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.