PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
2,271
6
Visit site
Status
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...d&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16326234&query_hl=5

I'm not sure if this is done in the US, but it appears promising for patients with cervicothoracic angina. I'm curious to know how "improvement" was quantified. Was it any increase in SF-36 scores? Did outcome measures correlate positively?

No time to read the entire article. Foughtfyr, if you're willing to answer the questions above (destroy this study), that'd be great!
 

lloydchristmas

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
173
1
Visit site
Status
PublicHealth said:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...d&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16326234&query_hl=5

I'm not sure if this is done in the US, but it appears promising for patients with cervicothoracic angina. I'm curious to know how "improvement" was quantified. Was it any increase in SF-36 scores? Did outcome measures correlate positively?

No time to read the entire article. Foughtfyr, if you're willing to answer the questions above (destroy this study), that'd be great!
Don't know about foughtfyr, but I'll give it a shot. First of all, it's redundant no matter how crappy the study is (as they admit this at the end when they basically say "real research needs to be done to see what really happens". It's redundant because if someone has chest pain and it's ruled out that it is cardiac related, it is very likely to be musculoskeletal (yes, I know, aortic aneurysm, PE, blah blah blah is in the differential). The point is, if it's musculoskeletal, you could sprinkle ground up cupcakes on their genitals as a treatment and see a higher score on a pain scale in four weeks because they all get better in that time frame!!!
 

nebrfan

Rx Beer
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
277
2
Omaha
Status
Resident [Any Field]
lloydchristmas said:
you could sprinkle ground up cupcakes on their genitals as a treatment
Hmm....looks like I need to gets me some chest pain and a chiropractor!
 
About the Ads

somnolent

Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
112
0
39
(omnipresent)
Status
Medical Student
lloydchristmas said:
The point is, if it's musculoskeletal, you could sprinkle ground up cupcakes on their genitals as a treatment and see a higher score on a pain scale in four weeks because they all get better in that time frame!!!
The FDA will never allow such a treatment. They determined that the risk of addiction far outweighs any benefit.
 

lloydchristmas

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
173
1
Visit site
Status
rjfreed said:
The FDA will never allow such a treatment. They determined that the risk of addiction far outweighs any benefit.
True, but I'd be happy to be a research subject if they need. I don't even care if they want me to be the sprinklee or sprinkler. Always there to help...
 
About the Ads