Chiropractic radiology

Started by Nourian
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nourian

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
anyone has information about chiropractic radiology, can they work in the medical imaging center or hospital as the radiologist and write a report? and how is the level of education?

Thanks
 
Given that the chiropractic profession is generally considered quackery by the medical community, I don't think many MDs/DOs would accept having their reports read by chiropractic radiology, whether they actually could read radiology studies or not. If I were a clinician who didn't know how to read radiology studies, I certainly would not be comfortable acting on a report read by someone who went to chiropractic school rather than medical school. It is a very small field, and I do not personally know of a single one practicing in any hospital that I know of.
 
They 'over read' studies already read by radiologists in some settings. It's total BS. Insurance doesn't pay for it - the patient pays out of pocket. They are usually linked to other quack-isa chiropractor practices.

Absolutely 0 have privileges at a hospital and absolutely 0 will work in a radiology group or department, ever. The profession is a disgrace.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad