Chiropractic radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nourian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
anyone has information about chiropractic radiology, can they work in the medical imaging center or hospital as the radiologist and write a report? and how is the level of education?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Given that the chiropractic profession is generally considered quackery by the medical community, I don't think many MDs/DOs would accept having their reports read by chiropractic radiology, whether they actually could read radiology studies or not. If I were a clinician who didn't know how to read radiology studies, I certainly would not be comfortable acting on a report read by someone who went to chiropractic school rather than medical school. It is a very small field, and I do not personally know of a single one practicing in any hospital that I know of.

They 'over read' studies already read by radiologists in some settings. It's total BS. Insurance doesn't pay for it - the patient pays out of pocket. They are usually linked to other quack-isa chiropractor practices.

Absolutely 0 have privileges at a hospital and absolutely 0 will work in a radiology group or department, ever. The profession is a disgrace.

Members don't see this ad :)