Chiropractor going to medical school?

Started by 4216DOT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

4216DOT

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too have been lurking in the shadows for some time here. I really enjoy the posts that some people with similar questions as I have receiving help here. I wonder if there are any chiropractic students or graduates of a chiropractic school thinking of going to medical school like I am?

I am pretty sure all of the pre reqs are covered from my undergrad and the main hurdle is the MCAT which I took last weekend (hard).
To compound all of this I am a non trad with a family so I have a tough road ahead. Any help/ suggestions are appreciated
 
There certainly are former chiropractors in medical school. It seems that most get into an osteopathic med school or Caribbean med school (like me). I hope your MCAT went well. Personally, it's not as tough as road for me (I'm single) but it certainly is a long road. Overall, I enjoyed the basic science years and I enjoyed my IM rotation (only one I've had so far). The thing that bothers me the most is the length of the whole process from applying to med schools to residency to possibly a fellowship. Still, there's not another job I would rather be doing. Good luck with everything.
 
I'm a Chiro thinking heavily about it. I took the MCAT as well and found out I wasn't prepared. It's very hard to study and run your own business, and take care of my family and my 10 acres of land, and church, etc. PM if you like and we can discuss anything.

I've been lurking here for a while as well and have been on valuemd.com a lot too.

Brian