Choosing between Chapman vs MSMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmcjose

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble deciding between Chapman and MSMU (Mount Saint Mary's).

To be honest I would love to attend MSMU more because of:

-Smaller class size of 35 students vs (Chapman has 55 students)
-An actual beautiful campus vs (Chapman's new PT location is literally just 2 big office-like buildings with new high tech stuff)
-Tuition is cheaper by $15K

Here is the catch tho, if I attend MSMU it would be next August of 2018, whereas if I attend Chapman it would be Summer 2017. So there is a 1 year wait. I am currently 25 years old btw.

Any advice is greatly appreciated??? If you were me, where would you attend and why???
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble deciding between Chapman and MSMU (Mount Saint Mary's).

To be honest I would love to attend MSMU more because of:

-Smaller class size of 35 students vs (Chapman has 55 students)
-An actual beautiful campus vs (Chapman's new PT location is literally just 2 big office-like buildings)
-Closer commute of 18 miles vs (Chapman commute of 36 miles)
-4 days a week classes vs (Chapman is 5 days a week)
-Tuition is cheaper by $15K

Here is the catch tho, if I attend MSMU it would be next August of 2017, whereas if I attend Chapman it would be this August 2016. So there is a 1 year wait. I am currently 25 years old btw.

Any advice is greatly appreciated??? If you were me, where would you attend and why???
Thank you so much!

How do you feel about graduating at 29? If that question gave you chills then you should probably go to Chapman. If you're like, eh whatever it's just an age....then wait.

I'm older, so I wouldn't wait another year. Besides its up to you how you want your educational experience to play out. Chapman may have a larger cohort size but it doesn't mean you can't build meaningful relationships w your professor or seek the help you need either. You only get out what you put in! I do believe that.

Good luck w this decision and let us know what you decide

I know personally, I'm struggling with this decision now myself. Mine is whether or not to attend out of state vs. in state. They both have their pros and cons, one starts sooner than the other, one's cheaper, etc. It sounds like your heart is with one college vs. the other. I'm currently 29 myself, going on 30 and I've been waiting to get accepted to any PT school for 7 years....I've attempted this dream of mine for a while! I say either way, consider yourself blessed and lucky to get this opportunity that many don't get the chance to achieve. Whether you start earlier or later, that is up to whether or not it bothers you that much. Maybe if you choose the latter, it'll give you time to save more money or pay off more debt before school? Just a thought

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies everyone! Yea i'm still torn apart. One night i say Chapman, the next night I say MSMU. I keep going back and forth. Wishing the best of luck to both of you!:)

Also, feel free to give anymore advice, greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks for the replies everyone! Yea i'm still torn apart. One night i say Chapman, the next night I say MSMU. I keep going back and forth. Wishing the best of luck to both of you!:)

Also, feel free to give anymore advice, greatly appreciated!:)

Have you already been accepted to MSMU? If yes, I would probably choose it based on the pros and cons you listed. If you haven't yet and you're still applying, giving up your acceptance to Chapman is a huge risk because you're pretty much putting all of your eggs in one basket. Either way, best of luck!