Choosing School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnmuggs0011

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I got accepted into both DMU and Temple podiatry schools and was wondering which one would give me the better education and match for residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Look at their stats on their websites.

It all comes down to fit and where you will feel best spending the next 4 years.

All of the schools will give you a good education.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, so I got accepted into both DMU and Temple podiatry schools and was wondering which one would give me the better education and match for residency.

What plant said.

Less about stats.

More about where you'll be comfortable when you're stressed to the max for 4 years.

Do well in class and you should have no problem matching to your top picks at either school.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly both will give you a great education. I do not go to either school here is my opinion, DMU I believe is stronger academically especially with preclinical classes however, Temple has a on site clinic and great exposure in surrounding hospitals. As I approach the end of my 2nd year I am looking at residency programs and I am noticing a trend. Here is the advice I give to interviewees, if you know a relative area of where you want to go to work try and go to school around that area. I'm finding residency programs have preference for students at near by schools. This of course does not apply to states that do not have schools located in them or are far away from any school such as Texas. Don't get me wrong I have seen students match outside the area of their respective schools but it's just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user