Choosing your specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ha ha ha... that was pretty good. I don't think I would ever have much problem with you. I can dish it out, so trust me, I can take it. You should hear the **** talking which goes around among residents in my department.

It is these sissy chumps on this board who I would enjoy tearing to shreds. There are a couple faculty in my department who will absolutely tear up ******* clinicians. I have toarched a couple vapid clinical faculty in my day. Of course, we all also respect the ones which are actually good.

By the way, I am just as big of a controlling @sshole in real life. Just ask my wife!

Members don't see this ad.

You guys are hella funny. There are way to many PC people on this board who get their panties bunched up to easily.

choosing a specialty is not an easy decision, but a very important one obviously. i recommend checking out the book called "the ultimate guide to choosing a medical specialty." by Dr. Brian Freeman. It is very informative and an easy read. I found it to be really helpful for me..

Peace

Originally posted by ecf1975do
choosing a specialty is not an easy decision, but a very important one obviously. i recommend checking out the book called "the ultimate guide to choosing a medical specialty." by Dr. Brian Freeman. It is very informative and an easy read. I found it to be really helpful for me..

Peace

that is so weird! i just picked up that book the other day in the bookstore! its so good to have a fairly thorough treatment of the whole match process and to have some direction as to what specialties i might be naturally more interested in.

its so aggravating to be an MS1 and not get any real exposure to all this stuff, and even to be telling people that i want a competitive residency, and just hearing all this generalist stuff like "just do well in all your classes and get an honors in the rotation you think you wanna specialize in." there isnt a way to figure out how to prepare yourself for a good match by just waiting till 3rd yr just to see, and i dont think my school does a particularly good job of helping direct first years.