Christmas goodies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Happy Christmakwanzaakah!! This thread is seriously getting annoying. Here's my point: I don't care what people say. If someone wants to say happy holidays to me, then I'll reply with merry christmas and vice versa. Atheists and others of differing views aren't going to dismantle Christmas from American culture and Christians aren't going to force others to partake in Christmas. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that there will be Christmas next year and the year after and the year after, etc. It's the Holiday season, so everyone just be merry, enjoy some drink, and do/say whatever you want, so long as you're not hurting anybody else. As Ben Harper eloquently sang:

"My choice is what i choose to do
And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you
Your choice is who you choose to be
And if you're causing no harm, then you're alright with me"

Life's too short to argue over such trivial matters. By the way, Christmas is so huge that many, many non-Christians from nations all across the world celebrate it today. It doesn't have to be all about Christ, because I don't think he's so egotistical that he'd be pissed if we just enjoyed it for what it currently is - a time to come together with family and friends. I think that's f***ing awesome, because it's a holiday that has transcended into something that represents family, charity, and gratitude. If you're not smiling more than usual during the holiday season, then you're not breathing.

Members don't see this ad.

All this talk has just made me look even more forward to Festivus. I know that airing out some grievences would feel good.

Festivus for the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
rjfreed said:
All this talk has just made me look even more forward to Festivus. I know that airing out some grievences would feel good.

I'm sorry my friend, but some people might take offense to the celebration of Festivus. I personally support the holiday, but others might get offended. Maybe you shouldn't say that on a public forum then? :D :D :laugh:

JohnUC33 said:
I'm sorry my friend, but some people might take offense to the celebration of Festivus. I personally support the holiday, but others might get offended. Maybe you shouldn't say that on a public forum then? :D :D :laugh:

I'm ok if people group it with "Happy Holidays". I just better not hear anyone call my aluminum pole a "Holiday" pole. It only makes my feats of strength even more impressive.

rjfreed said:
I'm ok if people group it with "Happy Holidays". I just better not hear anyone call my aluminum pole a "Holiday" pole. It only makes my feats of strength even more impressive.
We're not eating unti George pins me!!!!

rjfreed said:

Doesn't Festivus involve telling people what you really think of them? If thats the case, I gotta invite my ex-girlfriend :D

TweetiePie, I appreciate the deconstruction. Being quoted so many times makes me feel pretty important. We're going to have to agree to disagree here. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you.

(nicedream) said:
TweetiePie, I appreciate the deconstruction. Being quoted so many times makes me feel pretty important. We're going to have to agree to disagree here. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you.

I love it when fellow student-doctors get along :love: