Christmas Wish

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I could do my X-mas wish again it'd be to have every school send correspondence be it acceptances, rejections, or holds via E-mail, at least concomitantly w/snail mail. For the holidays, I think a lot of us are away from where letters are being sent. I'm jetting back to SF today and have the possibility of two days of mail bearing news (I'm only kinda holdin' my breath.) It seems in this day and age I should be able to know a lot more instantly since the technology is there. I'd even take a rejection electronically over sweating extra days. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I totally understand the angst, but I did not go away for the holidays and I still did not get any communication. No e-mail or snail mail.

One admissions office told me over the phone that they though I would be notified this week. I thought, you must be lying to me, who is going to get notified between Christmas and New Years?

Yeah I hear you...I drove to my apartment at school today (about half an hour) to check my mail thinking that with two days worth of mail I should hear something from somewhere...and yipee me I got....a bill....and my housemates had like piles of mail (nothing remotely interesting) so it took me like 10 minutes to go through it---what a waste!! Oh well I guess i could have gotten a bunch of rejections and that would have been worse...maybe next time!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto. I raced back to my mailbox to find a bill from my cell phone company (It's weird how a $39/mo plan costs $65 each month w/out ever exceeding my minutes. But, I have experienced the mind-numbing folly of calling Cingular Wireless to straighten out my bill. It was a losing proposition. I digress.) The only other piece of mail was a letter from WashU. telling me I can still apply. I'm gettin' so desperate I thought about it for a while. :( :(

You guys must admit though that knowing that admissions offices are most probably inactive at this time, you must feel somewhat "calmer". I mean I know not to expect any emails or letters, so I am far more relaxed then I was before. Come January 2nd...I'll be back to my regular uptight-stressed- running to check the mailbox-self. For now, no news is good news

Well, I don't know. I have heard from two schools and they both notified me during my christmas break. One by email and the other by snail mail. If I had not left my mail key with a friend, I would not have found out that I got into the school until January when I go back to school and would have missed the two week deadline for a deposit. So there is some activity going on right now and I agree e mail notifications would be nice.

i definitely think that things are a little slower right now, but some schools are active, i recieved an interview invite from temple on xmas eve and i called them today to schedule. i also called jefferson to see if they would give me an interview, but mcphahnemann didn't pick up the phone. anyhow, the point is that stuff is being mailed and there is a good chance that some of us will recieve application updates . . .