City Safety Factor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is safety a significant factor to you?

• Yes

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 66 38.4%
  • People should be afraid of me.

Votes: 32 18.6%

• Total voters
Yes its a factor. I want to work in the ER, I'd like it to be interesting
Gunshot wounds, stab victims, all that jazz. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes its a factor. I want to work in the ER, I'd like it to be interesting
Gunshot wounds, stab victims, all that jazz. :cool:
haha you may like suny downstate.. when i was there for my interview they told us about how just about every massive trauma from like 3 boroughs is brought there, like the cabbie who was shot in the eye.

"Ricans" are not the only hispanic race walking the streets of New York City. I've seen plenty of ghetto dudes running around in bagging clothing still. Yes, tight is now the new thing in the ghetto and it doesn't really change who they are, what they do, or what they're willing to do.

Putting myself at a greater risk because I'm crossing the street? Maybe I'm turning a right at the next corner? Maybe I'm heading to the bodega/corner store? Maybe I'm entering the apt building on that side of the street? How do they know why I'm crossing the street? lol

Yeah, Ricans aren't the only hispanic race, but Ricans and Dominicans (I'm both) are the majority of hispanics in NY...especially the majority that are classified as "ghetto" or "dangerous". You could include Central Americans in that grouping too I guess but they aren't too large in numbers...but most of the South Americans I know don't get the same classification as us by street walkers because they tend to dress different in South America and a lot of them are more Anglo looking.

But there is no doubt that Blacks, Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans have the worst rep in the city. Hell, half of the hispanic immigrants to NY watch the news and are scared sh*tless of us because the media is so biased. I won't deny that ppl of these descents don't do some dumb **** but that's no reason for anyone to generalize.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Ricans aren't the only hispanic race, but Ricans and Dominicans (I'm both) are the majority of hispanics in NY...especially the majority that are classified as "ghetto" or "dangerous". You could include Central Americans in that grouping too I guess but they aren't too large in numbers...but most of the South Americans I know don't get the same classification as us by street walkers because they tend to dress different in South America and a lot of them are more Anglo looking.

But there is no doubt that Blacks, Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans have the worst rep in the city. Hell, half of the hispanic immigrants to NY watch the news and are scared sh*tless of us because the media is so biased. I won't deny that ppl of these descents don't do some dumb **** but that's no reason for anyone to generalize.
This is true. I'm of Argentinian dissent and would never refer to myself as Hispanic in front of some of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans I come across in the city. I look white and Argentines in general think of themselves as more European.

This is true. I'm of Argentinian dissent and would never refer to myself as Hispanic in front of some of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans I come across in the city. I look white and Argentines in general think of themselves as more European.

haha that's why Argentinians have the rep of being the most stuck-up and pretentious of all of the Spanish speaking countries (and I mean that with the utmost love) :laugh:

You obviously haven't been to NY lately man. Blacks and Ricans are rocking tighter shirts, fitted jeans with studded belts and some forces or jordans...that baggy **** and the sagging **** went out the door like two years ago (even though I haven't quite adapted to the new style completely)...

Well, if he hasn't been to NY lately, then you most definitely have not been to Philly or Baltimore lately. I dont even know where they sell white tee shirts that are so long...

As to crossing the street: When every time you pass a bum they come up to you and start by saying "can I ask you a question? Im not addicted to crack or anything..."

Crossing the street just makes the walk easier, I know theyre not going to hurt me either way.

baltimore still sucks, jsyk.

and i wish they'd pave broadway already, jfc.

Well, if he hasn't been to NY lately, then you most definitely have not been to Philly or Baltimore lately. I dont even know where they sell white tee shirts that are so long...

As to crossing the street: When every time you pass a bum they come up to you and start by saying "can I ask you a question? Im not addicted to crack or anything..."

Crossing the street just makes the walk easier, I know theyre not going to hurt me either way.

lol nobody ever claimed Philly was the epitome of the fashion world :laugh: NY is usually 2 years ahead of new urban trends...and yeah brothers are still rocking long white Ts and what not and there are still areas that are messed up with drug addicts, just like EVERY city...