x factor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biotechguru

Reaction score
xxx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think you need an “X factor”, but this experience should give you something interesting to talk/write about.

Reactions: 1 user
Looking at your older WAMC, did you take care of the deficiencies that were pointed out to you? That should be helpful, but I don't know if you are asking because you didn't get an II so far.

While I would avoid "X-factor" as a label for this experience, it sounds interesting, especially if you claim it to be significantly meaningful to your purpose to be a physician.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like this will be an asset to your application, but these types of experiences are actually not terribly uncommon and don't make you a shoo-in anywhere (nor will it compensate for other weaknesses in your application on its own).

Reactions: 2 users
Looking at your older WAMC, did you take care of the deficiencies that were pointed out to you? That should be helpful, but I don't know if you are asking because you didn't get an II so far.

While I would avoid "X-factor" as a label for this experience, it sounds interesting, especially if you claim it to be significantly meaningful to your purpose to be a physician.
xxx

Last edited:
I want to echo @crochetting_saladgal and emphasize that it's the meaning you derive from your experiences with distinctive or more typical that admissions directors have over and over again said make the difference. What will you learn from it? how have you changed? It seems like your MA work has been very meaningful and eye-opening for you. Go into more details about how and why, and you could have multiple X-factors.