Civil Engineering/Economics double major

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhilliesPhan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Civil Engineering is my secondary passion. If I don't become a doctor, I would become a civil engineer or an airline pilot. Do you think this double major is do-able?
 
I don't see where Economics comes into play but
Engineering in itself isn't the best idea for a pre med due to them having the hardest classes (This is subjective ofcourse) The goal of being pre med is to major in whatever BUT complete all the pre reqs and do well on the mcat and maintain a 3.7ish+
 
Engineering in itself isn't the best idea for a pre med due to them having the hardest classes

That's the only thing that worries me. I know I would have to take super hard math classes and take advanced physics (Which is my least favorite natural science), but every time I go pass a bridge, ride the subway, or travel on the highway, I always think about how I would loved to help build it. Oh, and I want to take Economics because I've always wanted to understand how the market here and around the world work
 
I think your reason for doing engineering is legitimate. Although the economics thing will make it too challenging, and it seems like you should just take some elective economics classes rather than majoring in it

Basically, i think you should major in engineering and do the pre reqs + a few econ courses