Clarification Oct. 1st deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lordgracie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
I'm just finishing my essay but am unsure if I need to e-submit today 9/30 to meet the 10/1 "deadline" or if a submission done anytime tomorrow is ok. Does the "deadline" mean before the date or any time up to and including the date???

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would call Ptcas if you really need the extra day. Otherwise try to submit today, just in case.

Have you checked their Facebook page? Someone might have posted the same question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not trying to be nasty, but if you had read the instructions you would have seen that all deadlines expire at 11:59 pm EST.

I have read this. But is this on the day of the "deadline" or the day before?

@lordgracie I think when they that the deadline is "Oct.1" I think it's on that day. Oct.1st at 11:59pm.

If the deadline is Oct. 1st, then the deadline is Oct. 1st...it doesn't make sense for the deadline to be 1 minute before it is Oct. 1st.

If you're barely turning in your applications now at the deadline... I'd hate to say it and not trying to be a sour pus but there's a high probability that you've slimmed your chances tremendously. With the amount of applications schools get, your application may be placed at the bottom of the pile. And by that time, most schools may have filled up their classes for the entering class that year. That's why they recommend to apply as early as possible due to this case.

However, Good Luck to you! Wishing you the best! :D

If you're barely turning in your applications now at the deadline... I'd hate to say it and not trying to be a sour pus but there's a high probability that you've slimmed your chances tremendously. With the amount of applications schools get, your application may be placed at the bottom of the pile. And by that time, most schools may have filled up their classes for the entering class that year. That's why they recommend to apply as early as possible due to this case.

However, Good Luck to you! Wishing you the best! :D

That's only true for rolling apps I believe. If it's not a rolling process, then everyone's apps are considered.

I don't know exactly how the admission process works for non-rolling admissions, but I do know that they review your application in the number it was received. I would assume with the number of applications, they would begin to give out interviews and acceptances well before they go through all of the applications. But that's just my assumption, if anyone has any other info... it would be greatly appreciated and would be helpful for all of us. Thanks in advance.

Generally applying early only gives you a large benefit at schools that do rolling admissions/interviews. You can contact each schools admissions department to verify if all apps received by the deadline are considered equally or not.

I don't know exactly how the admission process works for non-rolling admissions, but I do know that they review your application in the number it was received. I would assume with the number of applications, they would begin to give out interviews and acceptances well before they go through all of the applications. But that's just my assumption, if anyone has any other info... it would be greatly appreciated and would be helpful for all of us. Thanks in advance.
There are 2 scenarios:
1. Schools without Rolling Admission:
Everyone gets entered into a database, and the top applicants get chosen for interviews. The order of applicants does not matter, as long as they are in before the deadline.

2. Schools with Rolling Admissions
Students are chosen in the order in which the applicants are received, until the school reaches the number of interviews it desires. After that, it's waitlist or decline.