Class Cancelled- Need Schedule Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trypanosomiasis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm bummed out that my French class for next semester got cancelled, and I can't really get one to replace it. The difficulty of double majoring at my school (in science and non-science disciplines) has already meant that I've already earned ~12 hours of independent study credit for my French degree.

My French degree is complete though, so extra classes now are for 'icing on the cake' in the form of departmental honors. I just need help choosing a class to replace the lost one!

My schedule as it stands now:
-Microbiology (3hr lecture, 1 hr lab credits)
-Biochem I (3 hr lecture)
-Honors Research in Biology (3 hrs of credit, requiring minimum 10 hrs/wk in lab)
-Gangs of the US (3 hrs honors credit, distribution requirement for sociology)

13 hours scheduled. I would like to add one more amongst the following:
-Intro to Statistical Methods
-Intro Psychology
-North African Cinema (with a French professor, though she cannot support an independent study on it this semester)
-Physiology
-Cancer Biology
-Quantitative Analysis
-Medicinal Chemistry

All of the above courses are three hour lectures.

Other components I'm considering:
-Work in evenings as a TPR Physics instructor (1-2 nights per week)
-Tutoring (1-2 nights per week)
-Clinical volunteering (4-6 hrs / wk)
-President of large student organization (10+ hrs/wk)
-Interview season! Hopefully traveling, but means missing classes
-BCPM GPA: 3.77
-non-sci GPA: 3.90

Thanks for your input in advance!

Also, would I need to send an update letter immediately with this change in schedule, or should I wait until Sept/Oct on these updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Take a science course! Help your already awesome BCPM GPA...

I recommend Physiology. If you're a molecular nut... go for the cancer bio or even med chem.
:luck:

Take a science course! Help your already awesome BCPM GPA...

I recommend Physiology. If you're a molecular nut... go for the cancer bio or even med chem.
:luck:

Agreed. Check out the websites of the med schools you are interested in, some require stats. It's really not a time consuming class (biochem + microbio could take up much of your time), so if you'll eventually need it, why not get it over with now?

Members don't see this ad :)
That Gangs of the US class sounds awesome, I wish my school offered something like that

Unless youd like to work in a pharmaceutical company, I wouldnt take medicinal chemistry. I think its a lot of combinatorial chemistry used to make drugs, which might not interest you much if your applying to medical school.
If you havent taken physiology yet, i think that would be both most useful later and most interesting.

I'm so glad I didn't read SDN until I was accepted.