Class of 2015! Hows it going?

wolfyzheart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a class of 2015 thread around, so I figured I'd make one for all us seniors out there!
How are you all making out with your college searching?
Also, introduce yourself!
I'll go first,
My goal is to eventually get accepted into veterinary school and become a veterinarian ^-^ I'm currently looking at a ton of different colleges around the east coast, but I might just stick to community college to save money.

Members don't see this ad.

Sup.
I'm also on the east coast (New England specifically) and I'm still well into research, nothing solid to apply to yet, haha.
Have you narrowed it down to any choices?

Sup.
I'm also on the east coast (New England specifically) and I'm still well into research, nothing solid to apply to yet, haha.
Have you narrowed it down to any choices?

I have a few schools im looking at, but im still doing my research. I also might do the community college route to save money, but im not quite sure yet. Depends where I get accepted.
Im really interested in one of SUNYs campuses. They seem to have a good science program. The only problem im running into is my gpa isnt as high as it could be when I slacked off sophomore year ^^;

Members don't see this ad :)
After reading on SDN for weeks, I just found out there is a high school section! I thought i'd be waiting til I was in college to make an account. ;)

I've been searching colleges since last November. I have one college that I really, really want to get in to, so I guess we will see.

As far as introducing myself, I am interested in being premed. I wanted to be a doctor nearly all of my childhood, and specifically became interested in surgery in middle school. I lost interest for a little while (beginning of High School), though my focus didn't change too much, as my new desire still centered on helping people, but i've come back to flirting with medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also striving to go to the medical path. I just have endless amounts of questions that could in fact go on for days. I've been researching so much about college and medical school, and can I say there is so much information to learn!

I feel that if I chose the medical route I would have at least a 50/50. Some part of me thinks that because I sucked at honors science classes in HS will make me suck in college, but I keep telling myself that if I study I will probably make it.

It's always been a passion for me to become a DR. But I also have other things in mind, such as political science. I am not sure where to go for college yet but already applied to two. Today I will send in my transcripts to my desired colleges.

I feel that I am a fairly average student in HS and can make good grades if I try. I currently am 3.4 GPA. If I have the same mentality and study a lot in college, could I survive?

Hey! I am also a senior (!) and I live in Washington state. Since I'm on the forum, it's kind of obvious that I want to be a doctor. I have great grades and a great ACT score, but I am FREAKING out because I am retaking in a week to get a higher score!

I have applied to all the colleges on my list early action, and now I'm just sitting on school work! :). I am SO excited for college, y'all. It's almost unbearable!

Hey! I am also a senior (!) and I live in Washington state. Since I'm on the forum, it's kind of obvious that I want to be a doctor. I have great grades and a great ACT score, but I am FREAKING out because I am retaking in a week to get a higher score!

I have applied to all the colleges on my list early action, and now I'm just sitting on school work! :). I am SO excited for college, y'all. It's almost unbearable!
I am also retaking the ACT next week! Is there any preparation habits you have that I can cram in until Saturday?

@zaneoyo

It's too close to do some hardcore studying, but you should read over the rules for each section and understand them so you don't waste time on reading them.

ENGLISH- don't start reading the passage, start with the questions first. Most of the questions are sentence specific (word replacement/grammar), so make sure you read the whole sentence. WATCH OUT FOR- verb tenses, plural/singular words, and too many words.

MATH- look over some basic trig functions/formulas (sine/cosine/tangent) and memorize the two special right triangles and the relationship of the sides and angles.
WATCH OUT FOR: order of operations. Skip ones that are too hard and come back to them. The last 10 will usually be the hardest, the rest are mixed difficulty.

READING: tests your reading comprehension. Make sure when you answer questions you can find a spot in the passage with the same meaning. WATCH OUT FOR- answers that give more information than was given in the passage. Make sure to watch out for actions/emotions the characters have.

SCIENCE: reading graphs and contrasting ideas. Focus just on the information in the graphs/experiments. Pay attention to the relationships on the x/y parts of the graph. For the contrasting ideas, write simple explanations next to the passage so you don't have to translate from the scientific lingo each time you read it. WATCH OUT FOR: incorrect relationships on answers for graphs, questions that ask you to compare two or more experiments, and remember not to bring in prior in depth knowledge you might have on an experiment. They just want answers that are on the page! Also, you don't have to understand the intense science words. Again, just focus on the graphs and the relationships in each part!

That's all I have! If you want, do a practice test for each sections. You could start with two sections today, and two tomorrow (or tomorrow and Thursday) but DO NOT STUDY ON FRIDAY let your brain have a breather! At this point, whatever will be, will be, so relax! Have a good nights rest and eat breakfast!

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Lol just got permanently banned from College Confidential for apparently violating their ToS, though they never did tell me exactly where I went wrong.

yo. we're almost there

yo. we're almost there

YES. I am really feeling it because the ACT is done for me. For the June test date, I got the score two Wednesday's after. I'm hoping it will be up tomorrow, but I doubt it. The posted date is Nov. 11 :/

I feel a lot better about it though. What's done is done!
Now I'm excited to move on to a life of more tests. :p and college of course

YES. I am really feeling it because the ACT is done for me. For the June test date, I got the score two Wednesday's after. I'm hoping it will be up tomorrow, but I doubt it. The posted date is Nov. 11 :/

I feel a lot better about it though. What's done is done!
Now I'm excited to move on to a life of more tests. :p and college of course
College is so exciting, I honestly cannot wait to take classes more geared towards my goals in life :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I am planning to be a physical therapist but in my state (Washington) there's a program to take college credits full-time at community colleges which makes me pre-pt as well interestingly enough...

I'm already done with the testing, I took the SAT not ACT though. Got 2040 and then I was done with that.

What schools have you guys applied to?

Hi, I am planning to be a physical therapist but in my state (Washington) there's a program to take college credits full-time at community colleges which makes me pre-pt as well interestingly enough...

I'm already done with the testing, I took the SAT not ACT though. Got 2040 and then I was done with that.

What schools have you guys applied to?

Hi kicensi! Thats an awesome score on the SATS! Congrats!!
Im actually leaning towards community college to get my pre reqs done for vet school, since vet school is so dang expensive.

Hey guys, I'm also a senior. Entering college next year as a pre-med (Pharmacology and Toxicology major) got accepted into my first choice college too! As far as high school goes eh GPA because of lack of care freshman year and just general laziness and stupidity (never did homework) good upward trend though (4.0) good ACT (90th+ percentile) but I haven't taken any college classes as it seems a lot of HS students have on here, only a few AP classes for me. Excited to start college next fall regardless!

Hi kicensi! Thats an awesome score on the SATS! Congrats!!
Im actually leaning towards community college to get my pre reqs done for vet school, since vet school is so dang expensive.

That's an excellent decision. The current educational system is one that likes to take and not give in terms of money D: If vet school doesn't care about ranking for schools (I know physical therapy doesn't), you'll save money and your G.P.A may be boosted as well since community college professors are much more focused on the students.