Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys.... I think I am converting to a Mud PHud, so..... I will likely no longer be a member of 2015. 🙁

28439eeec19ea3c4b1c76d23b1fff1bd.gif
Why sad? That's awesome, congrats! Bit of a longer haul but I'm sure it'd be worth it. Good luck, hope you get it. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're only gonna reapply to your current school for the mud phud?

yeah, I am applying as an "advanced" trainee and I would officially start after M2 and boards. I have been told every current MD student who has applied in the past four years (only 1 - 2 a year, so small data set there...) has been accepted.

I guess applying as a current medical student saves the MD/PhD people a ton of risk because they're always afraid people will drop out before/early into the PhD years. Individual PI's would pay my salary, so it's actually a great situation for the MD/PhD office, haha. They just have to pay for my tuition/stipend if I finish my PhD.

So, I have to interview with kids who are still in undergrad... this is going to be weird, haha.
 
Congrats tiedye! Do you know what area you want to do research in?

We have finals starting in 2 days. I'm woefully behind. Of course, I'm doing everything in my power to procrastinate as much as possible. The internetz has never seemed so interesting before!
 
I've heard similar things (that current md students who switch to md/phd always get accepted). I can't even imagine being md/phd...the very last thing I want to do after doing so much research in undergrad and my gap year is more research! But I really respect the people who do it, so best wishes.
 
Last edited:
I've heard similar things (that current md students who switch to md/phd always get accepted). I can't even imagine being md/phd...the very last thing I want to do after doing so much research in undergrad and my gap year is more research! But I really respect the people who do it, so best wishes.

Yeah, still struggling with that. Depending on my residency, I will likely be 35+ when I become an attending... That still hurts me to think about it.

I dunno about you guys but we have six more weeks starting friday! Two more three week neuro blocks!!!!!!! Holy crap, the light at the end of the tunnel is dangerously close!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG!!! Kaushik and I are done with our M1 year. We also both just went to six flags yesterday and braved the giant drop.

I finally have time to be on SDN again =D
so yes, that means I just signed up to read personal statements.... (I need help).
 
Bump from the second page!

OMG!!! Kaushik and I are done with our M1 year. We also both just went to six flags yesterday and braved the giant drop.

Yeh, Six Flags was awesome! Good times with good friends. The giant drop is one of the few rides that scares the crap out of me (at least, on the first run...everything becomes easier afterward). Can't wait to go back again during summer when Flight-X opens up. It looks AMAZING! 🙂

Holy crap, I am SO jealous of you guys. Man, five more weeks here....
Sorries! 🙁

Not gonna lie though; it feels awesome to be done with M1 year and finally relax for a bit. Hope all your guys' final exams go well and can't wait for you to join me and avoidthetiger in the glory that is the laziness of summer!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorries! 🙁

Not gonna lie though; it feels awesome to be done with M1 year and finally relax for a bit. Hope all your guys' final exams go well and can't wait for you to join me and avoidthetiger in the glory that is the laziness of summer!

Since I decided to move out of my place and in with a friend, I still haven't gotten to feel that laziness of the summer 🙁 Can't wait though! So glad to be done with MS1!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oB5n7fdxdU&list=UUsg-7__qbYgmYDfjLB3-uWQ&index=1&feature=plcp
 
Last edited:
BUMP!...for old times sake

Congrats on (almost) having first year behind you, 2015! 😍
 
:hello:

Torr, I forgot that your avatar isn't a static picture. I was staring at it and freaked out when the alien moved. :meanie:

🙂 Hi!

Ya. No one usually sticks around long enough but after doing that quiver move for like 3.5 minutes the alien gets off the surgical table and walks away!


so while watching avengers, i saw a preview for a movie about the previously dignified abraham lincoln being an axe-wielding vampire slayer...i don't want to live on this planet anymore

I thought this was a joke! It's not even a comedy...it's like for serious :eyebrow:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, I did next to nothing and it was glorious.

I went on a vacation with just the hubs. His parents watched the kids. I read the first 3 books of A Song of Ice and Fire plus a cheesy romance novel, played video games and watched TV. That was about it.

You?