Class of 2016 Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 8/19
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO (8/26), ICO (9/3), SUNY (9/15)
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO (9/30), ICO (10/3), SUNY (10/18)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO, SUNY, ICO ---- attending SUNY

OAT (AA, TS): 340, 350
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.84, 3.79

Extracurricular: Worked at an eye infirmary with different specialties for four years, worked as a hospital radiologic technologist for a year with experience in head and neck imaging. Done research for a summer.

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious about why you chose SCO over SUNY (in case I find myself having to choose).

Date OptomCAS Submitted: 07/18
Interview Invitation: PCO, NOVA, SUNY, SCO, OSU, UAB
Date Interview Scheduled: OSU (8/22) UAB (9/10) SCO (9/12) PCO (9/14) SUNY (10/17)
Accepted: OSU, UAB, SCO, PCO, SUNY
Attending: SCO!

OAT (AA, TS): 330, 320
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.58

Extracurricular: rugby, tour guide, senior admissions fellow, big brothers big sisters, TA, undergrad research, girl scouts, numerous community service activities, beta beta beta, my college's women's honor society, shadowed at many OD/ophthalmologist practices, worked at health center for 2 summers.

yay SCO class of 2016!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/19
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, ICO, SCO and Nova
Date Interview Scheduled: SCO (11/4)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO (11/10) . ****edit****Declined to Nova (12/6), ICO (12/15)***

OAT (AA, TS) 330, 320
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.25, 3.12 (somewhere around there)

Extracurricular: Shadowed for 2 summers and 1 entire semester, Optometric Internship (including front desk, technician and a little bit of optical repairs) for 10 months. Switched jobs to another Optometric office as patient care coordinator (6 months). Co-founder and Chair of Unite for Sight chapter at my university.

ALSOOOOO can anyone help me decide whether or not to keep my Nova interview (currently scheduled for Dec 2). The problem is if I accept SCO I would have to give them notice by Dec 15, and I'm sure Nova would not get back to me by then. Would flying out to Nova (I'm from North Carolina) be a waste of my time and funds? I am willing to fork out the money if it's well worth it. I was really quite won over by SCO though...

To all those in the SCO Class of 2016, what helped you make your final decision?:oops:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/19
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, ICO, SCO and Nova
Date Interview Scheduled: SCO (11/4)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO (11/10)

OAT (AA, TS) 330, 320
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.25, 3.12 (somewhere around there)

Extracurricular: Shadowed for 2 summers and 1 entire semester, Optometric Internship (including front desk, technician and a little bit of optical repairs) for 10 months. Switched jobs to another Optometric office as patient care coordinator (6 months). Co-founder and Chair of Unite for Sight chapter at my university.

ALSOOOOO can anyone help me decide whether or not to keep my Nova interview (currently scheduled for Dec 2). The problem is if I accept SCO I would have to give them notice by Dec 15, and I'm sure Nova would not get back to me by then. Would flying out to Nova (I'm from North Carolina) be a waste of my time and funds? I am willing to fork out the money if it's well worth it. I was really quite won over by SCO though...

To all those in the SCO Class of 2016, what helped you make your final decision?:oops:

Nova got back to me n 4 working days. They meet on Tuesday afternoons apparently.

Nova got back to me n 4 working days. They meet on Tuesday afternoons apparently.

Thank you! What did you like about Nova? Aside from the AWESOME location and beautiful campus (as seen from pictures) I don't really know very much. :/

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 8/05/11
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, NECO, SUNY, NOVA
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO (9/26), NECO (9/30), SUNY (10/18), NOVA (cancelled)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO, NECO, attending SUNY

OAT (AA, TS): 340, 350
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.60, 3.52

Extracurricular: VP and Treasurer of Asian Students Association, did an REU internship, service trip to the Dominican Republic, started a glasses collection drive at my school, shadowed 4 different optometrists, and worked at a pediatrician's office for 3 summers.

Thank you! What did you like about Nova? Aside from the AWESOME location and beautiful campus (as seen from pictures) I don't really know very much. :/

Nova got back to me very quickly as well (3 business days).

For me, I really liked the interdisciplinary environment, the big, modern and new-looking facilities, and the fact that optometry students got to work with real, full cadavers (grin). The students, faculty, and staff were the friendliest and the most welcoming group of people I met out of all of my interviews. It was by far the best interview experience I ever had.

My mom tagged along (she wanted an excuse to go to Florida for the weekend) but she couldn't join us for lunch, so a staff member very kindly offered to take my mom on her own personalized tour of the campus in the meantime (she ended up seeing more of the campus than I did).

I thought that was very nice and thoughtful of the staff at Nova to take time out of their very busy schedules to keep my mom company. Nova was very considerate and accommodating to absolutely everyone, not just to students and faculty, which I really appreciated.

Financially it makes more sense to go to nova than PCO. The tuition is less, the cost of living is too, and I plan on buying a condo for cheap and building equity rather than paying rent. For me it came down to "where can I see myself?" and "where do I feel like i belong?" I felt a little shuttled around at PCO. I wasn't terribly impressed by the three building campus coming from a public ivy school on 1500 acres and my tour guide couldn't seem less interested. I was impressed by the program, specifically 18 month externships, but it wasn't enough really.
When I got to nova, the Staff made me feel right at home from the start. I had an early flight to catch and they made sure I knew not to feel obligated to stay for anything past the mandatory interview, all I ended up missing was the financial aid session. The campus was more of a campus feel, i like the fact that there are undergrads and not just 2 or 3 programs. The HPD is awesome, there are classes with dental/med students for od-1. Plus all the programs wear color coded scrubs, and i love scrubs :) The assistant dean was very honest and told us things the school "wanted him to say" and also his honest opinion. One of those things was that the OD degree we get from any school will be excellent. He wanted us to see whether we could "see ourselves" at nova, pun intended and yet true. I just got a shiny happy feeling there that I didn't get at PCO and my intuition is spot on. I'm very sure that i made the right choice. Go to the interview and I think you'll agree.

Has anyone else been accepted/attending Midwestern University?? So far it seems as though I am the only one :(

I got accepted there so you are not the only one. I don't know if I will be attending though.

I got an interview from Rosenberg Optometry, I was wondering if anyone has gone to an interview there and could tell me a little about their experience.

Thanks in Advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted to Western? I was accepted last year, but deferred it to this coming year.

Has anyone been accepted to Western? I was accepted last year, but deferred it to this coming year.

I doubt many individuals are interested in the newly established optometry schools. I find that the overall consensus is quite negative. It's not surprising considering the climate of the optometry profession when they were formed.

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 8/25/2011 to NECO, SCO, SUNY, ICO and Nova (but I did not continue the application process for ICO or Nova)
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): NECO, SCO, SUNY
Date Interview Scheduled: all scheduled for the month of September
Accepted (indicate school attending): NECO, SCO, on hold at SUNY-- looks like I will be attending SCO unless I get a yes from SUNY, in which case I will go with SUNY. Heard back from all schools within one week of the interview.

UPDATE: I have been accepted at SUNY (after being placed on an annoyingly long hold) and will attend!

Date submitted to OptomCAS: Oct 13, 2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Waterloo and NECO
Date Interview Scheduled: Waterloo= nov 19, NECO=dec 2
Accepting: going to accept NECO..but still waiting to hear back form Waterloo (they don't send their letters until March)

OAT/GPA: AA: 350, TS: 360 GPA: 3.67
Extracurricular: school club, a few hours shadowing, and undergrad research assistant

Has anyone else been accepted/attending Midwestern University?? So far it seems as though I am the only one :(

Hey, I've been waiting to get an interview from Midwestern(its one of my top choices) and I think I am going to get it soon..I was wondering if you could please share your stats since you have already been accepted.

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/28
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name):UABSO, UHCO, SCCO
Date Interview Scheduled: UABSO (12/9), UHCO (12/15), canceled SCCO
Accepted (indicate school attending): UABSO (attending), UHCO

OAT (AA, TS) (340, 320)
GPA(Overall, Science) (3.41, 3.21)

Extracurricular: Shadowed/Internship with ODs and OMDs at 3 different clinics (over +500 hours), research for 2+ years under OD/Ph.D, volunteer at local hospital (once a week for 4 years), Teaching Assistance for Chemistry and Anatomy (lecture and labs) (3 years), member of pre health club and pre-opt club.

To make up for my low GPA, I did double major in Biochem and Molecular Bio, which the committee took into consideration. In addition, I made 270 on the OAT physics and 300 on Organic, but 390 on Bio and Gen Chem, so it makes up for it.

Hey, I've been waiting to get an interview from Midwestern(its one of my top choices) and I think I am going to get it soon..I was wondering if you could please share your stats since you have already been accepted.

I got accepted to Midwestern. My stats are 3.3 GPA 340 AA 320 TS. My extracurriculars were 20 hrs of shadowing.

Thanks for the reply, I scheduled my interview at Midwestern on this Jan. 06. I was wondering if you could give me some feedback about your interview. What type of questions did they ask you? I heard they interview 3 people at the same time, is that true?

thanks so much

Its a very short and simple interview. You get it over with right in the beginning of the day so you don't have to worry about it throughout the day. Some of the questions were..."Whats the difference between an optometrist and ophthalmologist?" "Why Arizona?" I think there was also one about your plans after graduation..like where you plan to practice and there was one if you wanted to do a residency. During my interview day, Midwestern was interviewing for both optometry and pharmacy. For us optometry people, they interviewed us one at a time. There were two faculty members who interviewed us. For the pharmacy people, they interviewed three people at a time.

Date OptomCAS was submitted: 10/10 (GPA calc. 10/20)
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/27
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCCO(10/31), PCO(11/2), NECO(11/3)
Date Interview Scheduled: NECO(11/18), PCO(1/4) (canceled) , SCCO(1/7)
Accepted (indicate school attending): NECO(11/25), SCCO(1/9) (attending!)

OAT (AA, TS) 340, 330
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.52, 3.37

Extracurricular:
-60 hrs. shadowing at locations, optician for 10 months, VP of pre-op club, volunteer vision screening at elementary schools

Oh, Berkeley extended invitations today for their interview day on Feb 4th. Would be the school that I would go to, but I've decided to become a university professor instead...

Date OptomCAS was mailed: some time in August
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SUNY, PUCO, Berkeley, SCCO, UHCO
Date Interview Scheduled: Canceled all interviews after I went to SCO (Oct I believe)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO. Going to either UConn, Kentucky, BYU, or Penn State for Master's and PhD.

OAT (AA, TS): 370, 380
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.91, 3.85

Extracurricular: VP of optometry club, worked on website for optometry club, 100+ hours of shadowing/working at optometrists' and ophthalmologists' offices.

I just feel that the field of optometry is a declining field, and that I would also be in debt for a long time...

Oh, Berkeley extended invitations today for their interview day on Feb 4th. Would be the school that I would go to, but I've decided to become a university professor instead...

Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SUNY, PUCO, Berkeley, SCCO, UHCO
Date Interview Scheduled: Canceled all interviews after I went to SCO (Oct I believe)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO. Going to either UConn, Kentucky, BYU, or Penn State for Master's and PhD.

Extracurricular: VP of optometry club, worked on website for optometry club, 100+ hours of shadowing/working at optometrists' and ophthalmologists' offices.

I just feel that the field of optometry is a declining field, and that I would also be in debt for a long time...

Sorry to hear that, good luck with your future endeavors.

Date OptomCAS was mailed: submitted 10/3, mailed 10/20
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SUNY (10/28), PCO (10/26), ICO (11/22), NECO (12/1)
Date Interview Scheduled: SUNY (12/5), PCO (12/13), ICO (1/3), NECO (1/13-canceled)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SUNY (on hold), PCO (12/16), ICO (1/13) - undecided.

OAT (AA, TS) 330 AA, 340 TS
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.3, 3.2

Extracurricular: Unite for Sight, Pre-Optometry Society, FMIRC, optometric tech for 2+ years, shadowed ~30 hrs

Why not medicine with those stats?

Date OptomCAS was mailed: mid-November
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO, ICO, PUCO, IUSO
Date Interview Scheduled: SCO 12/2, ICO 12/16, PUCO 1/13, IUSO 1/27 (cancelled)
Accepted (indicate school attending): Attending SCO, accepted to ICO and PUCO

OAT (AA, TS): 370, 390
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.74, 3.80

Extracurricular: Worked in a cancer research lab as an undergrad and now currently work as an associate researcher in another cancer research lab. Played piano and taught a bit. Involved in playing, coaching, and developing ultimate frisbee. Had a mentor throughout college who owns a private practice, did a little bit of work in his office. Shadowed a variety of optometrists including vision therapy, lasik co-management, group practice, etc.

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS was mailed: December
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO, PCO, ICO, UAB, Houston
Date Interview Scheduled:
Accepted (indicate school attending): UAB, SCO, Houston. I will probably be attending SCO!!

OAT (AA, TS) 320, 360
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.92, 3.94

Date OptomCAS was mailed: December
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO, PCO, ICO, UAB, Houston
Accepted (indicate school attending): UAB, SCO, Houston. I will probably be attending SCO!!

OAT (AA, TS) 320, 360
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.92, 3.94

Congrats!! I was wondering when exactly you submitted your app, and when it was mailed and then when you had your interviews. I know these are a lot of questions, but I just recently submitted my application and I'm worried it's really late. But December was not too long ago and you've already had your interviews and found out about acceptance so I'm feeling a little bit better. If you could tell me the dates, I would feel so much more reassured. Thanks!!

My stats are OAT (AA, TS) 330, 320
GPA 3.84 (I don't know my OptomCAS GPA yet)

Date OptomCAS was mailed: July
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, MWU, NOVA, Rosenberg
Date Interview Scheduled: MWU (01/06/12) canceled the rest
Accepted (indicate school attending): MWU

OAT (AA, TS) 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.15, 2.81

Congrats!! I was wondering when exactly you submitted your app, and when it was mailed and then when you had your interviews. I know these are a lot of questions, but I just recently submitted my application and I'm worried it's really late. But December was not too long ago and you've already had your interviews and found out about acceptance so I'm feeling a little bit better. If you could tell me the dates, I would feel so much more reassured. Thanks!!

My stats are OAT (AA, TS) 330, 320
GPA 3.84 (I don't know my OptomCAS GPA yet)
I submitted my application in December I think. I took my OAT Jan. 4, 2012. I had my interview at Birmingham late Dec., and I heard back yesterday Jan. 19, 2012. I had my interview in memphis Jan. 13, 2012, and I heard back from them this Tuesday. Memphis responded really fast. I actually got accepted at Houston without an interview... :/. You're not too late yet. Just do not wait much longer. If you go in and smoke your interview you will do fine. You have good OAT and good GPA. Don't stress man! GOOD LUCK

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/11/2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): NECO, PUCO, ICO, SCCO
Accepted (indicate school attending): NECO & PUCO (attending); I only interviewed at those two

OAT (AA, TS) 340 AA, 350 TS
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.3

Extracurricular: shadowed at two different clinics, vice-president of the optometry club, some research work through my undergrad university, assisted in running a non-profit organization for underprivileged children, played on different soccer and field hockey teams

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 12/16/11
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, NOVA, Western, Neco, MCPHS
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO (1/17), Nova (1/26), Western (withdrew), Neco (withdrew), MCPHS (withdrew)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO and Nova... undecided about which school to attend

OAT (AA, TS) 300, 300
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.4 (overall), 3.0 (science)

Extracurricular: research during UG, Unite for Sight, secretary of Pre-Optometry Society, worked for an independent optometrist for 3 years, and shadowed at a low vision rehabiliation center and an ophthalmologist

Last edited:
I submitted my application in December I think. I took my OAT Jan. 4, 2012. I had my interview at Birmingham late Dec., and I heard back yesterday Jan. 19, 2012. I had my interview in memphis Jan. 13, 2012, and I heard back from them this Tuesday. Memphis responded really fast. I actually got accepted at Houston without an interview... :/. You're not too late yet. Just do not wait much longer. If you go in and smoke your interview you will do fine. You have good OAT and good GPA. Don't stress man! GOOD LUCK

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help and encouragement! :) And accepted to Houston without an interview? Wow! Is that common?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help and encouragement! :) And accepted to Houston without an interview? Wow! Is that common?
I have no clue man. I just know that is what happened with me. I was pretty pumped!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/13/11
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, NOVA, Midwestern, SCO
Date Interview Scheduled: Midwestern (12/9), PCO (1/13), Nova (1/20) (cancelled),
Accepted (indicate school attending): Midwestern (12/15), PCO (1/19) (attending PCO :D )

OAT (AA, TS) 300, 300
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.26 (overall), 3.10 (science)

Extracurricular: over 90 shadowing hours with 2 ODs. Volunteer hours at local hospital and women in distress (organization for victims of domestic violence), worked throughout undergrad

Has anyone interviewed at UMSL? Or heard of people that have? Any thoughts about the school??

Hi there, I've been contacted about having an interview at UMSL, if you don't mind, could you share your opinions about the school?

Date OptomCAS mailed: 8/11
Interview extended for: UMSL, NECO, PCO, NOVA, Midwestern (withdrew)
interviews: PCO (9/30), UMSL (10/3), NOVA (10/13), NECO (cancelled)
Accepted: PCO, UMSL, NOVA

OAT 320 TS 330 AA
GPA 3.3

Extracurricular: shadowed 2 ODs ~70 hours, President of volunteering organization, chair positions in three other clubs (pre-opt, tutoring, photography), two years of research/wrote thesis and graduated with distinction, library employee, went on medical mission, went on Alternative Spring Breaks

I interviewed at UMSL. The interview process itself is not very stress full. The people there are friendly but I was not satisfied with the school's facilities. I interviewed at Midwestern, SCCO, and ICO before I went to my UMSL interview and I was really disappointed in the condition of the buildings compared to other schools. That being said, if you don't care about how the facilities are, I think UMSL has a great program

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking into it because it has cheaper costs (~10K/year) than ICO, which I already got accepted into. Being a Canadian student, I'd like to explore all my options. But, I would still like to be at a school that has good facilities, especially their clinical setting. Were you not impressed with the lab and clinic facilities, or the residence, specifically? What school are you going to, if you don't mind sharing?

I interviewed at UMSL. The interview process itself is not very stress full. The people there are friendly but I was not satisfied with the school's facilities. I interviewed at Midwestern, SCCO, and ICO before I went to my UMSL interview and I was really disappointed in the condition of the buildings compared to other schools. That being said, if you don't care about how the facilities are, I think UMSL has a great program

Last edited:
I am planning on going to ICO unless I get into SCCO (wait listed). I didn't get to see their labs but I felt their clinic and residence definitely were lower quality than ICO. I actually didn't see a single patient in the clinic when I went to interview on a weds. Since you already interviewed at ICO, you'll probably feel the same as I did if you visit UMSL.

Hi optostud! I chose UMSL because of cost-I was also accepted to ICO and NECO and both were very tempting, but UMSL for me would end up being almost half the cost. I'm happy with my decision though, because I instantly felt at home when I interviewed there. The staff are all extremely friendly and great at answering any questions in a very timely and thorough fashion. I felt as if my questions fell upon deaf ears a few times at other schools. I think clinic might start a little bit later at UMSL in comparison to other schools, so that might be a negative for you, but the faculty makes a point of becoming mentors for the students. very strong community feel. Feel free to PM if you want more details-I'd be happy to help!

Date OptomCAS mailed: 12/23/11
Interview extended for: SUNY, PCO (Withdrew)
Interviews: SUNY (01/31/12)
Accepted: SUNY

OAT 320 TS 330 AA
GPA 3.46

Extracurricular: shadowed 3 ODs ~50 hours, Secretary of Pre-opt club, Chemistry major, one year of physics/Optics-related research, primary author of scientific paper, worked as secretary in medical office, academic tutoring business.

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/1
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): UHCO, RSO
Date Interview Scheduled: RSO(9/23), UHCO(1/27)
Accepted (indicate school attending): RSO, attending UHCO

OAT (AA, TS): 290,290
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.6/ 3.7

Extracurricular: I know, the OAT doesn't reflect much, but I have a countless amount of hours working in for ODs. I've done prelim testing to examination testing, billing and coding, and I'm an optician. I'm apart of AED health honor society, and a NSCS officer.

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS was mailed: July 3, 2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO
Date Interview Scheduled: February 3, 2012
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO

OAT (AA, TS): 300, 290
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.4, 3.61

Extracurricular: Licensed optician, certified contact lens technician. Ten years of retail management experience, five of which were in an optical chain store.

Date OptomCAS was mailed: September 2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Midwestern, SCO, SCCO
Date Interview Scheduled: Midwestern (1/30), cancelled others
Accepted (indicate school attending): Midwestern

OAT (AA, TS): 340, 330
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.3, 3.1

Extracurricular: Regular amount of shadowing and service hours

Date OptomCAS was mailed: September 2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Midwestern, SCO, SCCO
Date Interview Scheduled: Midwestern (1/30), cancelled others
Accepted (indicate school attending): Midwestern

OAT (AA, TS): 340, 330
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.3, 3.1

Extracurricular: Regular amount of shadowing and service hours

Why did you cancel your interviews to SCO and SCCO? Why Midwestern?

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/15/2011 - but took OAT on 1/12/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SUNY, ICO, PCO, SCCO, NOVA
Date Interview Scheduled: SUNY (10/19/11 ), ICO (11/10/11), PCO (2/13/12), SCCO (declined after finding out everyone is now put on the alternate list), NOVA (2/17/12)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SUNY, ICO, PCO (attending), NOVA
OAT (AA, TS): 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.66, 3.70

Extracurricular: shadowed for a total of 100+ hours, optometric technician for 1+ year, sales associate for Pearle Vision for 1 year, research assistant for ~2.5 years, philanthropy chair and webmaster for sorority, volunteer at a children's clinic

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/15/2011 - but took OAT on 1/12/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SUNY, ICO, PCO, SCCO, NOVA
Date Interview Scheduled: SUNY (10/19/11 ), ICO (11/10/11), PCO (2/13/12), SCCO (declined after finding out everyone is now put on the alternate list), NOVA (2/17/12)
Accepted (indicate school attending): SUNY (currently attending but still deciding/interviewing), ICO
OAT (AA, TS): 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.66, 3.70

Extracurricular: shadowed for a total of 100+ hours, optometric technician for 1+ year, sales associate for Pearle Vision for 1 year, research assistant for ~2.5 years, philanthropy chair and webmaster for sorority, volunteer at a children's clinic

where did you get this info that SCCO has filled their seats??