Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
would've never guessed considering the "love" I received from UCSD today :rolleyes:

Waiting to receive the same "love" from them myself. They're the last school I need to hear back from and then I can officially put my interview suit away for another 4 years!

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh, I feel like such crap right now. Definitely overconsumed on the sugar today (after eating minimal sugar for weeks). Sooo lethargic in class, can't....stay...awake....

omfg love. want.

tumblr_lzegw86ymO1qassn6o1_500.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
So I spent all day Valentines Day waiting by my phone. Hoping for a phone call from you. We had such a good weekend together in January, remember? We talked. We explored each other's past. We made plans for the future. I thought we were great together. Yet today, February 14th, the day you said you'd get back to me if we were meant to be, my 100% charged telephone remains silent. :(

Y U NO LOVE ME TUFTS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE??!?!?

Man why didn't they have valentines like these when I was still in elementary school?

431029_10100598799148669_16809547_51976709_1968716701_n.jpg

So I spent all day Valentines Day waiting by my phone. Hoping for a phone call from you. We had such a good weekend together in January, remember? We talked. We explored each other's past. We made plans for the future. I thought we were great together. Yet today, February 14th, the day you said you'd get back to me if we were meant to be, my 100% charged telephone remains silent. :(

Y U NO LOVE ME TUFTS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE??!?!?

They don't know what they are missing out on. I would tell myself that they are simply addled by the cold, but you seem to like that stuff.

I got a formal rejection email from a school that ends its interview season in December...on Valentine's Day of all days :rolleyes:

To my favorite SDN'ers --- the class of 2016:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I wrote this poem
With love for all of you.

It started in the summer
When we spammed the class thread.
We'd fight our way to TOP!
And shout, "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

We shared food pics and .gifs,
And read each other's essays.
Then showed off our new suits,
Telling tales from interview days.

As we waited for good news,
The weeks dragged on and on.
Sometimes we lost all hope
In the dream we'd set upon.

Though rejections and waitlists
Continued to arrive,
We had faith in each other,
And kept the dream alive

To celebrate the triumphs
We've all had this year,
I ask the 2016 class:
"Be my valentine, dear!"

Hmm, apparently Google is taking a very Apple-like approach in vertical integration. Could this be a sign that they will eventually dump the scattered manufacturer approach in favor of directly overseeing hardware development?

http://iphone5newsblog.com/2012/02/15/google-cleared-to-purchase-motorola-mobility-iphone-5/

I know there is a 'tech' portion to this site but it doesn't seem to be visited frequently, and based on this post you seem somewhat tech savvy (definitely more than I). I have my phone upgrade in like a week and trying to decide between iPhone 4s and Galaxy Nexus. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
PS I don't know why I don't post on here more often. I recently started a 9-5 desk job while I finish my bachelor's up to when I start school in the fall. But there is nothing ever to do so all I do is lurk on SDN for 8 hours a day but never hardly post...

I have my phone upgrade in like a week and trying to decide between iPhone 4s and Galaxy Nexus. Thoughts?
In truth the difference between many smart phones these days is largely aesthetic, since the overwhelming majority of what we do is through the browser (which is basically identical between operating systems). I would use factors like exclusive apps, OS on your primary computer, and physical dimensions of the device as the deciding factors. That said, both phones have been well received by the tech population and you probably can't go wrong with either.

PS I don't know why I don't post on here more often. I recently started a 9-5 desk job while I finish my bachelor's up to when I start school in the fall. But there is nothing ever to do so all I do is lurk on SDN for 8 hours a day but never hardly post...
We'd love to have you! The more the merrier. :D

lol. ~5 months ago i had nothing in my work bookmarks except work related things. now there's nyt, wsj, fb, tumblr and sdn.

In truth the difference between many smart phones these days is largely aesthetic, since the overwhelming majority of what we do is through the browser (which is basically identical between operating systems). I would use factors like exclusive apps, OS on your primary computer, and physical dimensions of the device as the deciding factors. That said, both phones have been well received by the tech population and you probably can't go wrong with either.

We'd love to have you! The more the merrier. :D

per thewubear's recommendation, i got the galaxy nexus and i love it.

also, agree 100% about the more the merrier.

Wow, I just noticed this thread is almost at 1,000,000 views... incredible.

orly?

tumblr_lu9cxkFPbf1qhozbg.gif

Guys: I'm finally in. 2016!

congratulations! :thumbup:

per thewubear's recommendation, i got the galaxy nexus and i love it.

Yeah..I have two roommates with the 4s and two with the nexus (I'm still stuck in blackberry world). I think I agree with Saggy from his perspective. I feel like the nexus is too big for me to use with one hand and i think that may bother me haha

Due to my fever and such, boss send me home from my two TA jobs. Though, he's too cheap to give me paid time off -_- and he's excused me from biochem lab as he postpones the due date of the lab report. Blessing in disguise, since I can sleep for a bit, then study for my dreaded histology exam -_______-

Yeah..I have two roommates with the 4s and two with the nexus (I'm still stuck in blackberry world). I think I agree with Saggy from his perspective. I feel like the nexus is too big for me to use with one hand and i think that may bother me haha

you have 4 roommates? what do you live in, a fraternity? haha.

yeah, saggy summed it up very nicely. and the nexus is pretty large. i don't even really use a lot of the ice cream sandwich features right now, since my work email goes to my phone the face unlock isn't an option - i have to use a passcode. i also have to remember i can use google wallet, which i usually don't. lol.

but if i got an iphone, it'd be one too many apple products for me. I would really feel like one of *those* people. I'm already borderline there...

Due to my fever and such, boss send me home from my two TA jobs. Though, he's too cheap to give me paid time off -_- and he's excused me from biochem lab as he postpones the due date of the lab report. Blessing in disguise, since I can sleep for a bit, then study for my dreaded histology exam -_______-

:( feel better, berries!! stay hydrated <3

Feel better! Get plenty of rest while you can.

Now it's story time, because you just reminded me of one time this past summer when I was finishing up my grad research (well, it actually wasn't MY research - just part of an extra year's worth of random experiments that my PI forced me to do before signing off on my degree, but I angrily digress...). I was in the lab at the scope, but decided I couldn't do the work right at the moment because I felt really nauseated. I went into my office to rest, and my stomach contents soon wound up in the trash can. Feeling a bit better, I did about 20 minutes of scope work before hauling ass to the restroom to vomit some more of my lunch. I had started feeling very weak and feverish, and I found it difficult to even walk. At this point, I asked my PI if someone else (him, one of the other two grad students, our tech...) could please finish my work for the day so I could go home (remember: it wasn't even my project :mad:). The answer: "No. You have to finish today's work. You can have tomorrow off." Me: :annoyed:

So, it took me about 3x longer than normal to do my work since I was quite sick - and I puked once more. I then was perfectly fine the next day when I was off. I'm soooo glad to no longer be a slave (aka - a grad student).

you have 4 roommates? what do you live in, a fraternity? haha.

Haha nope! We all just lived on the same floor together freshman year and stuck it out together for all four years. Only thing I don't like about it...they are all in the business school...

And yeah I'm a mac user but its my only apple device so another reason I look at the 4s as probably what will be my choice

So, it took me about 3x longer than normal to do my work since I was quite sick - and I puked once more. I then was perfectly fine the next day when I was off. I'm soooo glad to no longer be a slave (aka - a grad student).

That's terrible :(. Not only was he making you suffer, you could've gotten someone else sick too!

To my favorite SDN'ers --- the class of 2016:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I wrote this poem
With love for all of you.

It started in the summer
When we spammed the class thread.
We’d fight our way to TOP!
And shout, “THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!”

We shared food pics and .gifs,
And read each other’s essays.
Then showed off our new suits,
Telling tales from interview days.

As we waited for good news,
The weeks dragged on and on.
Sometimes we lost all hope
In the dream we’d set upon.

Though rejections and waitlists
Continued to arrive,
We had faith in each other,
And kept the dream alive

To celebrate the triumphs
We’ve all had this year,
I ask the 2016 class:
"Be my valentine, dear!"

:love:

Can't believe I didn't see this thread before!! I'm in for class 2016!! Now only to whittle my days away at work on sdn...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ughh..have any of you all just like...have one of those days...

Because today, for me, is definitely one of those days...

That was yesterday for me. A test, too much sugar and being forever alone. Hope your day gets better!

More newbies, maybe we can finally get this thread active again. I want us to beat 2014.

Yeah, I had one about a week ago, just wanted it to be over. Hopefully your day gets better :)

so how is everyone else doing this afternoon?

That was yesterday for me. A test, too much sugar and being forever alone. Hope your day gets better!

Ohh Valentine's Day :(

Today I burnt my dress pants while ironing them before work...
Then in my one class I had a presentation on myxococcus xanthus. I was reviewing my powerpoint in the computer lab and then went to class to give the presentation, only to realize I had left my scandisk with the powerpoint on it plugged into the computer at the computer lab :smack:

So its the 15th and I was told that maybe I would get a decision from a school today, and nothing -_____-

Ohh Valentine's Day :(

Today I burnt my dress pants while ironing them before work...
Then in my one class I had a presentation on myxococcus xanthus. I was reviewing my powerpoint in the computer lab and then went to class to give the presentation, only to realize I had left my scandisk with the powerpoint on it plugged into the computer at the computer lab :smack:

Boo I know that feel :(. Was the professor understanding at least?

Boo I know that feel :(. Was the professor understanding at least?

Yeah..wasn't too far of a walk so I just ran back and grabbed it and presented second instead of first. He is more worried about his research than class so he was chill about it

The 15th isn't over,but I haven't received the email that my file has gone out of committee yet so Im not expecting a decision today. its only been 3 weeks, I'm sure a month is the normal wait time, right? right?..... Right?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The 15th isn't over,but I haven't received the email that my file has gone out of committee yet so Im not expecting a decision today. its only been 3 weeks, I'm sure a month is the normal wait time, right? right?..... Right?

Very few schools have a less-than-a month turnaround time. A month is standard. Just hang on.

Very few schools have a less-than-a month turnaround time. A month is standard. Just hang on.

I know, guess I'm getting super nervous as the time goes on. :D

I know, guess I'm getting super nervous as the time goes on. :D

I feel you. I think I am getting less patient as time goes by. Practice clearly does not make perfect in this case! I just want to know already!

Does anyone here have any updated information on utmb admissions status?!