Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was like 80 degrees here yesterday, and there are lots of birds chirping and flowers blooming. That probably has a lot to do with why I suddenly got excited... :D

Man. It's sunny here too... but not 80 degrees sunny :(

Members don't see this ad.

So I just got an email from howard stating that my file is out of committee and a decision has been made. But I won't know until March 1st. Why are they still making me wait?!?!?! :scared::bang::scared:

It sucks knowing your fate has been determined, but you're just not allowed to know yet. I knew my fate at UVA was determined the day after my interview on September 8th, but I had a long, painful wait...

Members don't see this ad :)
It sucks knowing your fate has been determined, but you're just not allowed to know yet. I knew my fate at UVA was determined the day after my interview on September 8th, but I had a long, painful wait...

Looks like it turned out ok for you in the end though, and hopefully it will for SS too!

:thumbup:
I'm going to Chicago in May, and we're definitely visiting Wrigley. But I can't remember if you're a Cubs fan or a White Sox fan?! (don't hurt me)

chicagocubscwk_.jpg

EDIT: :cool:

Something that bugs me is people who think they know things but really don't know what they're talking about. And they think you're stupid and don't know what you're talking about when you disagree.

Like the guy that was telling me that if you don't get in to medical school, all you have to do is do a post-bac (even if you were a science major) and it will replace you're grades and you're pretty much guaranteed to get into UCLA medical school.

Something that bugs me is people who think they know things but really don't know what they're talking about. And they think you're stupid and don't know what you're talking about when you disagree.

Like the guy that was telling me that if you don't get in to medical school, all you have to do is do a post-bac (even if you were a science major) and it will replace you're grades and you're pretty much guaranteed to get into UCLA medical school.
Sounds legit to me. Did he mention what you need to do to get in to Harvard?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I fell asleep before 11pm last night and now I'm awake and can't go back to sleep. So I'm posting here through my phone cause I don't want to get my laptop. :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Whateves. Dude is totally right. Like for sure. And I'm totally getting in everywhere I apply, cause getting into med skool is easy n stuff. Post bacs and SMP's are like GUARANTEES for getting in. For sure.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So I fell asleep before 11pm last night and now I'm awake and can't go back to sleep. So I'm posting here through my phone cause I don't want to get my laptop. :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Getting your sleep schedule messed up there? After I pulled an all-nighter a few years back, I came home and went to bed at about 3 PM. I woke up around 11 PM wanting breakfast and feeling super disoriented.

Getting your sleep schedule messed up there? After I pulled an all-nighter a few years back, I came home and went to bed at about 3 PM. I woke up around 11 PM wanting breakfast and feeling super disoriented.

its happened after both my OOS interviews. the time difference just puts me all out of wack for a couple days following them.

just watched the latest episode of Modern Family, this show is so good :D :D

I have still never seen Modern Family. I'm a pop culture reject.
That you are, shame on you. Go hole yourself up with some hulu or some other streaming website to watch the past 2 seasons of Modern Family to atone for your sins.

So I just sent in a nice long email to my job about how they should give me more hours for work. I'm hurting in the income dept bad and I hope something is done about it.

:hello: I miss this thread. I haven't really been here since like September. :(

I bought a 20 dollar concert ticket to wait 3 more hours until the artist shows up. All because my friends don't trust my word. Sucks.

ew, ew, ew.

i had a derpy conversation yesterday where i was talking to a stranger about what we were doing in life...and when i told him i was applying to medical school right now, he goes "oh, so you've finished college?"
"yeah, haha i actually graduated a while ago."
"oh wow. did you major in nursing?"
"...........no. _______, _________ and __________"
"wow. and you want to go to medical school??"
"yep."
and then he said something else really ignorant i'm not going to repeat here because it's got identifying information.

end of story: I pulled out radonc papers, put my head down and started reading / working on my abstract to submit for ASTRO.

Whateves. Dude is totally right. Like for sure. And I'm totally getting in everywhere I apply, cause getting into med skool is easy n stuff. Post bacs and SMP's are like GUARANTEES for getting in. For sure.

:rolleyes:

lol/roar/lol :laugh:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY, SDN? what is it??

ew, ew, ew.

i had a derpy conversation yesterday where i was talking to a stranger about what we were doing in life...and when i told him i was applying to medical school right now, he goes "oh, so you've finished college?"
"yep."
and then he said something else really ignorant i'm not going to repeat here because it's got identifying information.

end of story: I pulled out radonc papers, put my head down and started reading / working on my abstract to submit for ASTRO.

lolol on my last flight, I sat next to a girl who lived in the city I was going to. I told her I was interviewing at the medical school. She then proceeded to ask me whether it was for a nursing position -_-

If I was interviewing for nursing, wouldn't I have said I was going to the nursing school? Sigh

lolol on my last flight, I sat next to a girl who lived in the city I was going to. I told her I was interviewing at the medical school. She then proceeded to ask me whether it was for a nursing position -_-

If I was interviewing for nursing, wouldn't I have said I was going to the nursing school? Sigh

:smack: That happens to me too. It always feels kind of sexist...

I just tell people I'm going to/interviewing for school. If they want to know what field of study I tell them "going to become a doctor". I find the general public has very little concept of the multiple paths, destinations, and codewords we use for health education. Hell, I didn't until I turned 40.

Phone rings
Shakes: This is Shakes
Guy: I'm calling from ------ Collge (random for-profit local place), and I was wondering if you were interested in a health career.
Shakes: I am, I'm going to medical school next year, so I'm set, thanks.
Guy: What degree are you getting? Do you have a back up plan?
Shakes: I'm good, thanks. MD. I don't really need a back up plan.
Guy: Really? Because we offer CNA and medical transcription training....
Shakes: *Looks at phone* Umm... *Hangs up*

This guy was a HEALTH CAREERS COUNSELOR. I still laugh when I think about that phone call.

Phone rings
Guy: I'm calling from ------ Collge (random for-profit local place), and I was wondering if you were interested in a health career.

This guy was a HEALTH CAREERS COUNSELOR. I still laugh when I think about that phone call.

That is why I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. I hate, hate, HATE telemarketers.

I hate the campus shuttle. I waited 40 minutes for one at the gym. It's only a 20 minute walk to my apartment, but it was blizzarding and freezing. Not only is the guy 15 minutes late, but he then takes a 10 minute break at the next stop. Right when I get on, it stops snowing.

Today is not my day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Phone rings

lol that's happened to me before too. I probably should have never looked into becoming a phlebotomist, the calls kept coming even after I found my current job.

Getting tired of seeing obese people. Don't you guys ever study?!()*&#(*&$

245446248411617297_JGbmZebW_c.jpg

Hey guys what do you think of this website? I think it's an interesting concept. Especially considering how little people know about applying to medical school. Or was it nursing school? I forget...they're probably the same thing.

www.ChapmanPreHealth.com

turned out to be a really dope concert. brought back childhood memories :)

go buy yourself a bottle of Jameson.

Good luck on your UCLA prospect!!!!

:thumbup:

Mmm Jameson,

i might take you up on that. We'll see next week (getting first decision by March 1st)
and thanks, UCLA?Drew is going to be a while though (why do they make us wait so long :( )

Hey guys what do you think of this website? I think it's an interesting concept. Especially considering how little people know about applying to medical school. Or was it nursing school? I forget...they're probably the same thing.

www.ChapmanPreHealth.com
That's where my sister went to school! For business, though...

www.ChapmanPreHealth.com

Well I think its cool, especially considering that the school iteself is known around here mostly for its law and business schools.

ew, ew, ew.

"yep."

:smack: That happens to me too. It always feels kind of sexist...

...and me too!

I just tell people I'm going to/interviewing for school. If they want to know what field of study I tell them "going to become a doctor". I find the general public has very little concept of the multiple paths, destinations, and codewords we use for health education. Hell, I didn't until I turned 40.

Whenever people ask me what I'm going to do after college, I just lie and tell them I'm going to be a kindergarten teacher.

That is why I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. I hate, hate, HATE telemarketers.

I normally don't, but the call was from the area code of a school that I applied to, interviewed at, and calls for acceptances... so it was even more of a bummer.