Class of 2020 Applicants

Started by lhmhtd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@fredandcessna Thanks... I used to have a goat named Cessna. Wanna find me some Nubian semen so I can make a way too last minute breeding on my doe?🙂

@sarakittykat I hope so, and most of the time think so. Wanna trim some bunny toe nails and help rebuild a hutch?

(Actually, the more pressing things are bills, insurance... adulting things, but I'll hand out all the fun stuff to y'all 😀)
 
@fredandcessna Thanks... I used to have a goat named Cessna. Wanna find me some Nubian semen so I can make a way too last minute breeding on my doe?🙂

@sarakittykat I hope so, and most of the time think so. Wanna trim some bunny toe nails and help rebuild a hutch?

(Actually, the more pressing things are bills, insurance... adulting things, but I'll hand out all the fun stuff to y'all 😀)
Just out of curiosity, how many animals do you have?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiosity, how many animals do you have?
I sold most of the farm off when we moved in August. I sold 18 goats, 70+ birds (chickens, ducks, turkeys, guineas), and 2 horses. I'm left with 2 American Nubian does, a Brown Swiss heifer, 4 rabbits, 5 chickens, 3 cats, 17 fish and 2 snails, 2 kids and a husband. Plus a vacant dog spot since we haven't replaced our Mastiff mix yet.
 
Did someone say bunny toenails? Mine needs his clipped.... But nobody will hold him for me to do them 🙁
Where do you live? Somebody here has to be close... but I just trained mine (mostly, not the evil white Alice) to lay on their back or to just sit still while you do 1 foot at a time. (Except Alice... attack rabbit)
 
I sold most of the farm off when we moved in August. I sold 18 goats, 70+ birds (chickens, ducks, turkeys, guineas), and 2 horses. I'm left with 2 American Nubian does, a Brown Swiss heifer, 4 rabbits, 5 chickens, 3 cats, 17 fish and 2 snails, 2 kids and a husband. Plus a vacant dog spot since we haven't replaced our Mastiff mix yet.
I am surprised you didn't sell the husband and the kids as well. They seem like they would be the most work out of that group 😛
 
Actually, thought about it a bit more. With your title... let's go with: Go round pen my heifer. She needs more ground work before I chuck the bareback pad on her. Or I need to find and fit a harness. Either way, poor thing is getting ignored right now and it's turning her into a grumpy pocket cow.

😀 I would totally round pen your heifer!!! 😛
 
Washington, Purdue, Missouri- I have interviews at each but won't get admission decisions until February.

Oklahoma, NCSU, CSU- don't interview, so I'm just waiting on decisions sometime before March depending on the school.

Omg when did you interview at Missouri??! I feel like maybe I met you?
 
Just finished my first interview... I have one more to go. I like the program a lot, I hope they feel the same way about me. The whole 30 min was a blur, so I don't even remember what I said! It was all so fast.
Where were you interviewing today? 🙂
 
Accepted!

I have received my acceptance into Mizzou (OOS) and I am extremely excited that I will be going to vet school next year! This is my second year applying, so yes, big accomplishment 🙂

I am now waiting on the decision from ISU. I interviewed at both school beginning of Dec. (ISU) and beginning of Jan. (MU). Iowa says they will not give IS acceptances until February 14th, but i am very hopeful! (Fingers crossed!)

I am now starting to make the dreaded decision process to prepare for IF i get accepted into ISU. The prices are not very different for me because my permanent address is in Iowa, however in my year off after graduation I have been living in Missouri. So as of July 10th, I can apply for Missouri residency and get IS for MU as well. This makes the price very similar, MU only about 2k higher.

These were definitely the two schools I was hoping for, but I am also waiting for a decision from Wisconsin. They do not do interviews, so I have no idea where I lie in that process. Not that it matters, I would not personally chose them over the other two.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How early do you think we can start a "how you doin" thread for our class?

I mean, a lot of people already have been accepted to schools but not committed. I've never really looked at those threads but I just assumed they popped up after everyone started vet school.
 
How early do you think we can start a "how you doin" thread for our class?

d06ec8f226be14c64ef9158a1f635a49.jpg


😛 😛