Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2019er here! Check everything again, be patient with yourself and others, and persevere until you are a doctor! I am finally on the road after 3 application cycles, a lot of personal development, MANY essay rewrites and a 3 pt MCAT boost. Don't give in to the neurotic crazy feelings while waiting, just go live and improve! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So this is what its all been coming down to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy cow, I've been waiting to be a part of a 'Class of' thread for years!!

App is in, time to prewrite secondaries!

Reactions: 1 users
:soexcited: THE TIME HAS COME! Good luck to everyone, can't wait to see how this year plays out for us!

200.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Ah, I didn't quite make it. Think it's going to take me a few more days. Oh well.

Ah, I didn't quite make it. Think it's going to take me a few more days. Oh well.
Makes no difference. Don't worry about it! Good for you for sticking to your guns and not submitting before you are ready!

Reactions: 1 user

Yea a couple of days really doesnt matter. Schools dont get apps till July 1st anyways so as long as you are verified by then, its pretty much like submitting 1st day anyways.

am i the only one not submitting till june 15th/20th? is that too late?

am i the only one not submitting till june 15th/20th? is that too late?
It's fine. By the 15th, you'll probably still be verified by July 1st (no guarantee, just going off last year's verification times thread) so it's exactly equivalent. By the 20th, you likely won't make the first batch, but being seen in the first few weeks of application review is still super early and is functionally equivalent to submitting today.

Submitting June 2nd is really only useful in that it helps the overly neurotic (like myself) move on from the primary and start looking at their secondary essays. Otherwise I'd still be changing single words back and forth in my PS! :laugh:

Probably will submit either today or tomorrow. Just have to enter some last activities and edit out a couple of words from the PS (stupid enter bar counting for two characters...). My CC transcript will be a little bit late as it was sent today, but everything else will hopefully be good.

But yeah, the day we have all been waiting for. Time to start on secondaries... or netflix ;)

Here's some inspiration as we attack this cycle!:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mcat done, app submitted! Now onto worrying about lors and secondaries o_O

MCAT check, AMCAS verified, and, surprisingly, committee packet received by AMCAS! Now I guess just looking at/thinking about/writing secondaries...this is so exciting tbh.

Also I don't really know how to get my school list down to 20 lol. Are you waiting till we get our real score?

Also I don't really know how to get my school list down to 20 lol. Are you waiting till we get our real score?

I'm going to get my school list mostly finalized and then I will add the schools to my AMCAS the evening of June 30 JUST to be sure.

Let's see if we can't give you any input, then! I cut down to 17 from 23 so you can, too!

I'm going to get my school list mostly finalized and then I will add the schools to my AMCAS the evening of June 30 JUST to be sure.
Why bother? lol you can just not fill out the secondary if your score is not as high as you're predicting

Why bother? lol you can just not fill out the secondary if your score is not as high as you're predicting

But yeah I see your point, and tbqh I don't know at what point I would not submit to a school, my scores went as well as they could have, and considering Adcoms' uncertainty when it comes to the new scores? *shrugs* *hands over wallet* *cries vigorously*

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone actually started writing secondaries..
I have no idea what to say for my biggest challenge, my most stressful time, how I would add diversity to school...:shifty:

Has anyone actually started writing secondaries..
I have no idea what to say for my biggest challenge, my most stressful time, how I would add diversity to school...:shifty:

I've got drafts of the ones I plan on reusing a lot: adversity, greatest accomplishment, interest outside of medicine, diversity (ugh, hate this one). I'm not looking forward to writing the "why this school" essays, partly because that requires actual work and research, and partly because I don't even know exactly what schools I'll be applying to yet because no one is responding to my school list thread :(

I've got drafts of the ones I plan on reusing a lot: adversity, greatest accomplishment, interest outside of medicine, diversity (ugh, hate this one). I'm not looking forward to writing the "why this school" essays, partly because that requires actual work and research, and partly because I don't even know exactly what schools I'll be applying to yet because no one is responding to my school list thread :(
How are you diverse lanny

How are you diverse lanny

Sexual orientation: family members.
If that's not diverse then I don't know what is.

But seriously, I'm a white girl from a well-off family. Grew up in a wealthy suburb of Chicago, went to a great HS and private university. Nothing about me is diverse. I just wrote about how I majored in Spanish and studied abroad in a Spanish-speaking country and want to work with Spanish-speaking communities. I know it's BS but I have nothing else to say.

Sexual orientation: family members.
If that's not diverse then I don't know what is.

But seriously, I'm a white girl from a well-off family. Grew up in a wealthy suburb of Chicago, went to a great HS and private university. Nothing about me is diverse. I just wrote about how I majored in Spanish and studied abroad in a Spanish-speaking country and want to work with Spanish-speaking communities. I know it's BS but I have nothing else to say.
I guess coming here from a different country makes me diverse...but that's so passive and boring

I have no idea what to say for my biggest challenge, my most stressful time, how I would add diversity to school
You just gotta think about it, man..shouldn't be that hard if you look among your life experiences. (Or are you saying you don't have any? :p)

I guess coming here from a different country makes me diverse...but that's so passive and boring

Yeah I feel like a lot of people have that story, but I think if it's well-written enough it could still be a good essay!

I can't decide if I should start adding schools to AMCAS...Right now I just have Mayo as my throwaway school. I guess my MCAT is somewhere between a 33 and a 37 so I am definitely applying this year and not taking a gap year. Maybe I will just add the ones I know I'm applying to, like my state schools and Case. =/

Yeah I feel like a lot of people have that story, but I think if it's well-written enough it could still be a good essay!

I can't decide if I should start adding schools to AMCAS...Right now I just have Mayo as my throwaway school. I guess my MCAT is somewhere between a 33 and a 37 so I am definitely applying this year and not taking a gap year. Maybe I will just add the ones I know I'm applying to, like my state schools and Case. =/
I'm from Illinois too! Are you applying to all 6 of our schools lol. I'm leaving out siu

Hoffman Estates or Lake Forest? Maybe Winnetka?

Haha Winnetka is close, my suburb as a whole is not nearly as wealthy as Winnetka but the side of town that I live on is pretty much equivalent to those nicer towns.

I'm from Illinois too! Are you applying to all 6 of our schools lol. I'm leaving out siu

Yep same, applying to all six except SIU! I've just added Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, and UIC to my application. I'll probably end up applying to Chicago and Northwestern regardless of what my chances are (they're zero, btw, especially at Chicago) just because I really want to stay in Chicago...but I'm afraid to add them at this point lol.

I just wrote about how I majored in Spanish and studied abroad in a Spanish-speaking country and want to work with Spanish-speaking communities. I know it's BS but I have nothing else to say.
HEHE this is when I feel really good about myself for doing a history/political science major and being politically active on a variety of fronts :D
Instant topic for diversity essays and tough times essays

Yep same, applying to all six except SIU! I've just added Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, and UIC to my application. I'll probably end up applying to Chicago and Northwestern regardless of what my chances are (they're zero, btw, especially at Chicago) just because I really want to stay in Chicago...but I'm afraid to add them at this point lol.
Yea I was wondering whether to waste money on Chicago or northwestern along with doing their secondaries...
So far, I have those, schools in ny just because, and other mid tiers all over. Meeting an advisor on wed and hopefully she can help me cut down my school list but probs not.

I would be really happy to go to uic, rosy Franklin, or rush tbh

HEHE this is when I feel really good about myself for doing a history/political science major and being politically active on a variety of fronts :D
Instant topic for diversity essays and tough times essays
Can my psych major add diversity lmao

Yea I was wondering whether to waste money on Chicago or northwestern along with doing their secondaries...
So far, I have those, schools in ny just because, and other mid tiers all over. Meeting an advisor on wed and hopefully she can help me cut down my school list but probs not.

I would be really happy to go to uic, rosy Franklin, or rush tbh

Agreed. If I don't get into Case, any school in Chicago is my second choice, idc which one. It would actually be a really hard choice for me to choose between a top-tier school in another state and like Rosalind Franklin.

Okay I am officially adding all six IL schools + Case to AMCAS. Can't wait to be woken up at 7AM by an angry call from my mom demanding to know what I spent $259 on in the middle of the night.

Man it would be a dream to get into case :rolleyes:

I'll add them tomorrow. Today was the most unproductive day ever...think I'm recovering from the roller coaster of yesterday

Man it would be a dream to get into case :rolleyes:

I'll add them tomorrow. Today was the most unproductive day ever...think I'm recovering from the roller coaster of yesterday

I know right, seriously why can't Case give their undergrads an advantage, other schools do. And they're building an awesome new med school building right across from Cleveland Clinic, it looks so nice. Every time I go to volunteering I have to look at it and try to come to terms with the fact that I will probably never step foot in that building.

I know right, seriously why can't Case give their undergrads an advantage, other schools do. And they're building an awesome new med school building right across from Cleveland Clinic, it looks so nice. Every time I go to volunteering I have to look at it and try to come to terms with the fact that I will probably never step foot in that building.
Omg I almost went to case for undergrad but their financial aid sucked and it was kinda far

Omg I almost went to case for undergrad but their financial aid sucked and it was kinda far

Really?? Everyone I know here, including me, says they came here for the financial aid! I got a merit scholarship that covers half my tuition. It's still expensive though.

Really?? Everyone I know here, including me, says they came here for the financial aid! I got a merit scholarship that covers half my tuition. It's still expensive though.
oh lol I applied as international so wasn't eligible for any of that :/ good times

oh lol I applied as international so wasn't eligible for any of that :/ good times

Weird, I actually have a friend who's an international student and he got a huge merit scholarship. I don't understand how they determine all that stuff.

hey maybe I should write about my struggles dealing with that **** for my biggest challenge secondaries

deleted, think I'm giving away too much info lol :D

While @Lannister and @Glazedonutlove are talking about Case Western, I request one of you (or both) to make the rest of the 2020ers some of these delicious, mouthwatering snacks for all to enjoy and ease this application stress. :hungry::hungry:

lots-donuts-23036275.jpg

box-donuts-12449002.jpg

lots-donuts.jpg

Ugh dude I wish. Being gluten-free stinks, doughnuts are high up on the list of "things I would murder someone to be able to eat again".

and actually I bake when I'm stressed, I made chocolate truffles and a cake the day before receiving mcat percentiles lol