You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by Fakhter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
...to the Class of 2021 thread, apparently!Apparently the May 22 (?) MCAT thread has a lot of Class of 2020 love! I just feel awkward about joining that one, haha!
On the upside, does anyone know where they're going yet?!?!
Aww, hang in there, @mehc012 !! I'm sorry to hear that this cycle hasn't gone well, but I'm sure we're all here rooting for you!! Wishing that you'll hear some great news in the coming months! (And even if you end up in the Class of 2021, you'll still be totally awesome and a fantastic physician in the end. 😉 )...to the Class of 2021 thread, apparently!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Officially joining this thread![]()
Tardigrades are my spirit animal
So looking forward to starting school, this working for a living is so stressful and boring.
I'm in the process of signing a lease in Cincinnati! I was a little nervous but after spending this past weekend in Cincinnati I'm SO excited, it seems like such a cool place!
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
Will probably sign a lease over second look weekend! Luckily my current college and med school are both in the North-East so I can pack my stuff up and drive down after graduation. Super excited to delay working and not be a real person till 2020 haha.
This is probably bad but I will be waiting until the end of May to sign a lease lol I'm holding out out hope for one school.
This is probably bad but I will be waiting until the end of May to sign a lease lol I'm holding out out hope for one school.
Haha I feel it. I've pretty much given up on Case and am assuming I'm going to Cincinnati. Are you on a waitlist?
Haha I feel it. I've pretty much given up on Case and am assuming I'm going to Cincinnati. Are you on a waitlist?
I've been secretly rooting for you to get into Case lol It seems like there's been movement so I don't think you're out yet, especially if you send of a letter of intent. If Case calls in June would you go? And yeah I'm on the waitlist for NYU.
I've been secretly rooting for you to get into Case lol It seems like there's been movement so I don't think you're out yet, especially if you send of a letter of intent. If Case calls in June would you go? And yeah I'm on the waitlist for NYU.
Hahah thanks! It's weird that they're accepting people off hold, they never do that, I wonder what's going on.
To be honest, I'm not sure if I would go at this point. I really loved the city of Cincinnati and it's significantly cheaper and still a great school. I think my learning style definitely clicks best with Case's curriculum, and I still love the school, but I'm not sure how important that is compared to location and cost.
I hope you get into NYU, tho 😀 Do they have a lot of waitlist movement?
The town I signed a lease in is mostly a college town, so to get close to the school I have to sign now or never. I figure if I get off the waitlist at my top choice I can fairly easily get a subletter in such a high demand area.
I'm more concerned now with how no one is jumping on wanting to be my roommate because I don't want a two bedroom to myself ($$$)
I'm more concerned now with how no one is jumping on wanting to be my roommate because I don't want a two bedroom to myself ($$$)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The town I signed a lease in is mostly a college town, so to get close to the school I have to sign now or never. I figure if I get off the waitlist at my top choice I can fairly easily get a subletter in such a high demand area.
I'm more concerned now with how no one is jumping on wanting to be my roommate because I don't want a two bedroom to myself ($$$)
That's what I was afraid of, so I found a girl (M2) who was already living in a 2BR apartment and I'm going to be her roommate. It'll be so nice not to have to worry about finding someone.
Hahah thanks! It's weird that they're accepting people off hold, they never do that, I wonder what's going on.
To be honest, I'm not sure if I would go at this point. I really loved the city of Cincinnati and it's significantly cheaper and still a great school. I think my learning style definitely clicks best with Case's curriculum, and I still love the school, but I'm not sure how important that is compared to location and cost.
I hope you get into NYU, tho 😀 Do they have a lot of waitlist movement?
Thanks lol we will see. And it seems like they have a 50% acceptance rate, so it's possible. Won't know till after April 30th. But yeah Cincinnati is great as well, wish I could make it to the SLW.
Thanks lol we will see. And it seems like they have a 50% acceptance rate, so it's possible. Won't know till after April 30th. But yeah Cincinnati is great as well, wish I could make it to the SLW.
Same! I accidentally booked a camping trip that weekend lol.
If you don't get into NYU, where will you likely end up?
This is probably bad but I will be waiting until the end of May to sign a lease lol I'm holding out out hope for one school.
I thought you got into ur top??
OSU most likely. I absolutely love that school! But I've been in Ohio forever and think a change would be really fun.
I did, technically lol It kinda changed through the cycle. First it was OSU then NYU and OSU then NYU being the dream lol. I still love OSU but it would be interesting to have a change/try something new. The city is so beautiful and full of energy!
Ahhh, okay. Well best of luck to you, NYC is like my third home lol
I am deferring my enrollment, and will start school next year. I was awarded a fellowship to do healthcare work in rural India.
Leaving the country mid-June 🙂. I am so excited and very hype!
Leaving the country mid-June 🙂. I am so excited and very hype!
Nice! Where in India? (I grew up there till college).I am deferring my enrollment, and will start school next year. I was awarded a fellowship to do healthcare work in rural India.
Leaving the country mid-June 🙂. I am so excited and very hype!
Already decided to go to my state school but picking a place is hard. I can't believe most of the places near the school already have waitlists! I might room with someone who already signed a lease.
Holy crap that's so cool! Where in India are you going?
I am deferring my enrollment, and will start school next year. I was awarded a fellowship to do healthcare work in rural India.
Leaving the country mid-June 🙂. I am so excited and very hype!
Holy crap that's so cool! Where in India are you going?
Last edited:
We are looking at houses during SLW, but we cant be sure until the spouse lands a job in the area :X
I really, really don't want to do 'dorm' living.
I'm in the same boat. We ideally want to find a house in between his work and my school so no one has a long commute. To make things worse we're going abroad literally all of June
For once, I'm glad I don't have a boyfriend.
There are definitely pros and cons. The emotional support and not having to take out extra loans for living expenses is pretty nice.
Hahah I have no emotions, but the fewer loans thing does sound nice!There are definitely pros and cons. The emotional support and not having to take out extra loans for living expenses is pretty nice.
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
Hahah I have no emotions, but the fewer loans thing does sound nice!
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
LMFAO at the casual sociopathy
Hahaha only sort of joking. I would be the worst girlfriend ever, I'd just be like "leave me alone" all the time. My ideal relationship is one like Franke and Claire Underwood have (had).LMFAO at the casual sociopathy
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hahaha only sort of joking. I would be the worst girlfriend ever, I'd just be like "leave me alone" all the time. My ideal relationship is one like Franke and Claire Underwood have (had).
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
Lol there are guys that dig that, plus I'm sure being a House of Cards fan is a huge plus!
Nice! Where in India? (I grew up there till college).
Already decided to go to my state school but being out of the country makes picking a place hard. I can't believe most of the places near the school already have waitlists! I might room with someone who already signed a lease.
Holy crap that's so cool! Where in India are you going?
I am going to live in Jamkhed, India in the Ahmednagar district in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
Anything insight will be helpful! Yeah, I lived in South Korea for 2 years, and lived in Nepal and some parts in Africa for a bit.
I am soooo excited, y'all have NO IDEA 😀
Last edited:
My dad grew up a few hours from there! I think you'll like it although definitely prepare for the Indian Sumer if you're gonna be there for that. Food from Maharashtra is pretty great too and its a good mix of North and South Indian values and cultures with a lot of its own flavor added in.I am going to leave in Jamkhed, India in the Ahmednagar district in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
Anything insight will be helpful! Yeah, I lived in South Korea for 2 years, and lived in Nepal and some parts in Africa for a bit.
I am soooo excited, y'all have NO IDEA 😀
Haha, I'd be a lost soul without my spouse. As corny as it sounds, we are two halves of a coin or however the saying goes. Finding a house will suck, but having that emotional support and disconnect from the medical field is crucial. My spouse is looking for jobs in DC and houses in Baltimore so it's easier for me (but also easier access to the Metro) to get around/check on our dogs during the day.
Belatedly joining this thread. Hey, 2020!
Oh how sweet it is to be a part of the class off 2020!
I feel like a kid in a candy store being able to finally join this thread 

Who's the lucky school? [emoji4]I feel like a kid in a candy store being able to finally join this thread![]()
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Who's the lucky school? [emoji4]
UCONN! Still waiting to hear back from a couple schools post-interview but UCONN is very high on my list 🙂
I'm pretty sure that I have just committed to Cincinnati. I didn't realize that a lease contract starts when you sign it, rather than when you move in. And the lease I signed doesn't allow for early termination.
So. University of Cincinnati Class of 2020!!!!
Life lessons were learned today
Good thing I was 99% sure I would be attending Cincinnati anyways.
So. University of Cincinnati Class of 2020!!!!
Life lessons were learned today
Good thing I was 99% sure I would be attending Cincinnati anyways.#adultingproblemsI'm pretty sure that I have just committed to Cincinnati. I didn't realize that a lease contract starts when you sign it, rather than when you move in. And the lease I signed doesn't allow for early termination.
So. University of Cincinnati Class of 2020!!!!
Life lessons were learned todayGood thing I was 99% sure I would be attending Cincinnati anyways.
![]()
#adultingproblems
Lol more like trying to be an adult and completely failing at it.
I can feel my brain turning to mush because my life has been a constant Netflix binge watching session for the last few weeks (...or months) punctuated by things like eating and sleeping. I can't believe I got into med school tbh
Any suggestions on what I should binge watch on Netflix before I start med school?I can feel my brain turning to mush because my life has been a constant Netflix binge watching session for the last few weeks (...or months) punctuated by things like eating and sleeping. I can't believe I got into med school tbh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any suggestions on what I should binge watch on Netflix before I start med school?
Call the Midwife
Jane the Virgin
How To Get Away With Murder
House of Cards
The Office
Any suggestions on what I should binge watch on Netflix before I start med school?
Call the Midwife
Jane the Virgin
How To Get Away With Murder
House of Cards
The Office
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Bojack Horseman
Sherlock
Mad Men
Trailer Park Boys
An Idiot Abroad
Rewatch your favorite Tarantino movies
Any suggestions on what I should binge watch on Netflix before I start med school?
House of Cards!!! You seriously must watch it. My avatar is the protagonist or maybe the antagonist depending on your perspective.
Call the Midwife
Jane the Virgin
How To Get Away With Murder
House of Cards
The Office
This makes two for House of Cards!
Seriously though, watch out, it's so addicting! I'm going to fail out of M1 next year when season 5 comes out the day before a test and I binge watch the whole season and fail the test.
House of Cards!!! You seriously must watch it. My avatar is the protagonist or maybe the antagonist depending on your perspective.
This makes two for House of Cards!
Seriously though, watch out, it's so addicting! I'm going to fail out of M1 next year when season 5 comes out the day before a test and I binge watch the whole season and fail the test.
I just got to episode 4 of season 4 and HOLY CRAP @ WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
House of Cards!!! You seriously must watch it. My avatar is the protagonist or maybe the antagonist depending on your perspective.
This makes two for House of Cards!
Seriously though, watch out, it's so addicting! I'm going to fail out of M1 next year when season 5 comes out the day before a test and I binge watch the whole season and fail the test.
House of Cards is like the best show on Netflix right now. And season 4 is soooooooo freakin good.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 587
