Class rank importance? (normally I'd post this on plasticseducation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GLW102

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to ask a favor of all those already done with the match into plastics and see where I stand. I know the match, when all is said and done, is difficult and unpredictable, but was hoping you could give me an idea, especially given the 'bad' news I got yesterday morning from my dean of student affairs re: my class rank. Here's my shortened CV:

*Class Rank: 19/74 (was #19 after 2nd year, too, did'nt move, but now OUT of top quartile, thanks to our class shrinking from 76 to 74 since last year and 86 overall since 1st year; do programs take that into consideration?); obviously not AOA :(
*Step 1: 245, Step 2: 251
*Publications: 1 PRS accepted (first author), 1 retinal journal (undergrad), 4 abstracts (undergrad)
*Research: 2 current PRS studies at home program, 1 prior PRS (now accepted for publishing), tons of experience in undergrad, love doing research and want to be an academic plastic surgeon
*Home program: has plastics (1 spot), 2-3 very recognizable names (1 ex ASPS pres, 1 department chief who had national status), but not considered a big time institution
*Aways: 3 (Wash U, Las Vegas, and Utah)

Thanks ahead of time, your advice has been great during the past 3 years. Would appreciate any input and advice of things to emphasize or how to answer questions about, especially the class rank. I apologize that this isn't on plasticseducation.com, as that has been a life line, but I understand it's under repairs. Again, thank you so much for any help!

Members don't see this ad.