Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I'm planning on taking the MCAT next summer, and I'd like some advice on what classes to take in the fall. I'm a philosophy major, and I don't technically need either of these classes, but I figured they'd be good preparation for the BS section. That being said, should I take:
Molecular Genetics - Focuses on how nucleic acids convey and express genetic information. Topics include DNA replication, recombination and repair; RNA structure, synthesis, processing, regulation of transcription; protein synthesis, processing and regulation of translation in prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems.
Genes and Heredity - An in-depth analysis of transmission genetics, including multiple gene effects, recombination, linkage and gene mapping, medical genetics, and modern genetic research with model organisms. Course will develop quantitative and problem-solving skills.
or both? Would taking either course just be overkill for MCAT preparation? That is, would my time just be better spent reviewing out of practice books? Thanks a bunch, guys, and I apologize if this is a repost or just a stupid question in general haha
Molecular Genetics - Focuses on how nucleic acids convey and express genetic information. Topics include DNA replication, recombination and repair; RNA structure, synthesis, processing, regulation of transcription; protein synthesis, processing and regulation of translation in prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems.
Genes and Heredity - An in-depth analysis of transmission genetics, including multiple gene effects, recombination, linkage and gene mapping, medical genetics, and modern genetic research with model organisms. Course will develop quantitative and problem-solving skills.
or both? Would taking either course just be overkill for MCAT preparation? That is, would my time just be better spent reviewing out of practice books? Thanks a bunch, guys, and I apologize if this is a repost or just a stupid question in general haha