class statistics.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heyyyyy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
why do most pharmacy schools do NOT report their class statistics? if you visit most schools website, nothing is listed on their website.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not considered polite to fellow members of the AACP. AACP considers its members equal in proficiency in graduating competent pharmacists. I know each school keeps such data if you want to ask your adcom officer. There are general stats kept at AACP in their Students section.

In my experience, many schools will at least give you a general idea of what's considered "average" or "competitive". For instance they will say "most incoming students have a 3.5gpa, etc". Some post the profile of the incoming class, and/or list the number of applicants for that year compared to the number of accepted students. Calling the admissions office will almost always get you this info in about 2 minutes. UIC won't give it out ever. If you look at www.ferris.edu and go to their pharmacy college page, it lists just about everthing that a person would want to know for that particular school.

The other thing to consider is that things are changing so quickly, you can't always go by last years numbers. Also, many schools weigh apects of an application differently, and might be more concerned with the interview, degree, volunteer work, etc. I think that last year's class stats are a good place to start, but don't let it make up your mind for you.

:D