Classes I don't want to transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomk0602

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to retake a biochemistry class over the summer at another college. But what if I did bad in it and didn't want the grades to be transferred to PharmCAS, would they know? Would also the pharm schools know?

Members don't see this ad.

I was trying to retake a biochemistry class over the summer at another college. But what if I did bad in it and didn't want the grades to be transferred to PharmCAS, would they know? Would also the pharm schools know?

Don't play that game. You have to submit ALL of your grades to PharmCAS. If you don't and they find out, you risk having your application tossed or even your acceptance revoked. Don't risk it.

I had one horrible summer taking orgo 1 and 2 at a university that I took nothing else at. I wound up retaking it at my home school. Even though I knew that I would most likely never get caught if I "forgot" about that school, I entered it into pharmcas. After all of my hard work, no way was I risking losing my acceptance over that. Also, it ethics are a big piece of going into a healthcare profession. I didn't want to start my career with an ethics misstep. Lastly, I would probably have worried about the nondisclosure for my entire four year of pharmacy school. So not worth it. And it didn't seem to hurt my application that much anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question...

Last year I took calculus 1 over the summer at a community college and ended up withdrawing from the course....It is the only class I have ever taken at that school. So technically I have one W on my transcript from that school...

I retook the same calculus class at my home college this pass spring. Do I still need to mention that W in pharmcas?

Yes, they want you to list ALL the courses you have taken regardless of repeats, Ws, etc. They basically want you to list everything and you have to send your transcript from that college too (if I'm not mistaken).

Yes, they want you to list ALL the courses you have taken regardless of repeats, Ws, etc. They basically want you to list everything and you have to send your transcript from that college too (if I'm not mistaken).

Correct. Furthermore, if you took financial aid to take the class, they WILL easily find this out because it'll be on your National Clearinghouse report which verifies financial aid and enrollment. (This is the website that is frequently mentioned on here whenever this topic arises.)

I'm thinking of transferring to a regular city college from a science based state university (Stony Brook Univ.). My GPA wasn't very good due to personal reasons, but I've solved my problems and more fit to increase my GPA. I'm deciding whether to stay and increase my GPA, or transfer and increase my GPA. However, would transferring look poorly on my part? Do they consider the college you went to as well?

Correct. Furthermore, if you took financial aid to take the class, they WILL easily find this out because it'll be on your National Clearinghouse report which verifies financial aid and enrollment. (This is the website that is frequently mentioned on here whenever this topic arises.)

I should bookmark this, I always forget the name. :thumbup:

I'm deciding whether to stay and increase my GPA, or transfer and increase my GPA.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but PharmCAS wouldn't consider it any differently for GPA unless it's grad / undergrad level classes.

The rest of the question threatens to devolve into a community college vs university argument.