1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Classes I don't want to transfer

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by tomk0602, Aug 3, 2011.

1. tomk0602

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was trying to retake a biochemistry class over the summer at another college. But what if I did bad in it and didn't want the grades to be transferred to PharmCAS, would they know? Would also the pharm schools know?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. R2pharmD2

Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    Don't play that game. You have to submit ALL of your grades to PharmCAS. If you don't and they find out, you risk having your application tossed or even your acceptance revoked. Don't risk it.

4. pinksparkly

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I had one horrible summer taking orgo 1 and 2 at a university that I took nothing else at. I wound up retaking it at my home school. Even though I knew that I would most likely never get caught if I "forgot" about that school, I entered it into pharmcas. After all of my hard work, no way was I risking losing my acceptance over that. Also, it ethics are a big piece of going into a healthcare profession. I didn't want to start my career with an ethics misstep. Lastly, I would probably have worried about the nondisclosure for my entire four year of pharmacy school. So not worth it. And it didn't seem to hurt my application that much anyway.

5. tomk0602

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks. ethics. yep, i totally agree

6. PharmGirl000

Pre-Medical
    delete.

#5 PharmGirl000, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  7. xNeenax

xNeenax Delano's Minion
    2+ Year Member

Yes, they want you to list ALL the courses you have taken regardless of repeats, Ws, etc. They basically want you to list everything and you have to send your transcript from that college too (if I'm not mistaken).

8. chemguy79

chemguy79 New Member
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Correct. Furthermore, if you took financial aid to take the class, they WILL easily find this out because it'll be on your National Clearinghouse report which verifies financial aid and enrollment. (This is the website that is frequently mentioned on here whenever this topic arises.)

9. InveniamViam

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I'm thinking of transferring to a regular city college from a science based state university (Stony Brook Univ.). My GPA wasn't very good due to personal reasons, but I've solved my problems and more fit to increase my GPA. I'm deciding whether to stay and increase my GPA, or transfer and increase my GPA. However, would transferring look poorly on my part? Do they consider the college you went to as well?

10. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
    Staff Member Administrator Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist

I should bookmark this, I always forget the name. :thumbup:

11. xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but PharmCAS wouldn't consider it any differently for GPA unless it's grad / undergrad level classes.

The rest of the question threatens to devolve into a community college vs university argument.