Classes taken for Non-Science Majors

Started by amcstuff
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amcstuff

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those non-science majors, how did you guys fit the pre-med requirements into your schedule?
Did you guys have lots of room to fit in such classes as O-Chem Lab, Bio-Lab, etc?

Thanks for any help you can give. =]
 
Eh, I'm a chem major, but I'm also a psych major, so I guess I apply. With my double major I take anywhere from 15-17 credits per semester with no summer school and only a couple AP creds. So the answer to your question would be yes, fitting in the prereqs was easy.
 
You can use some of the science credits for GECs so you should be good. Plus, if you have an easier non-science major, taking a couple higher credit-load quarters really shouldn't be that bad compared to people that take complete science loads.
 
For those non-science majors, how did you guys fit the pre-med requirements into your schedule?
Did you guys have lots of room to fit in such classes as O-Chem Lab, Bio-Lab, etc?

Thanks for any help you can give. =]

You'll find time. I double majored but wasn't required to take any of the pre-med course for either one, and I still found time without taking more than 5 classes per semester. It depends on the major and the school, but you'll still have time to take random fun classes if you chose.