Classes that count for BCP/science gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applecider23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you know how classes are picked to count for science gpa or BCP. For example, I'm just about to sign up for classes and am planning to take a class labeled Public Health c129:

The aging human brain. Here is a description of the course: The course will survey the field of the human brain, with introductory lectures on the concepts of aging, and brief surveys of normal neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neurochemistry, and neuropsychology as well as methods such as imaging, epidemiology, and pathology. The neurobiological changes associated with aging will be covered from the same perspectives: neuropsychology, anatomy, biochemistry, and physiology. Major neurological diseases of aging including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease will be covered, as will compensatory mechanisms, neuroendocrine changes with aging, depression and aging, epidemiology of aging, and risk factors for decline. Also listed as Neuroscience C129

So what I am not sure about is that this class is crosslisted in nueroscience and public health, so I am not sure whether or not it will count for BCP gpa. I know that neuroscience is counted but not sure if public health classes are. Is there a way for me to check for sure?

Sorry for the long email!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a science to me, I doubt AADSAS will change it if you select it when you fill out your grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
so it would technically count as a non science

Yeah so that is what I'm not sure of. The class is cross listed with neuroscience c129, so doesnt that fall under the Biology section for BCP?

Thanks for your responses

I would list it as science and if AADSAS changes it you can explain to them it's cross listed as neuroscience.

Thanks for the responses guys. Is there a way to make sure that it will? Will AADSAS tell me if I email them??

Thanks for the responses guys. Is there a way to make sure that it will? Will AADSAS tell me if I email them??

They will give a very general answer. Just add it and see what happens.

neuroscience does not equal biology

It DOES count as Biology.