classes to take for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading up the materials for borad I, seems like there will be stuffs envolving micro, anatomy and histology. So I was wondering what classes I should take to prepare for first and second year of dental school or board I? Microbiology, anatomy or histology? Thanks for any input :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Profchaos said:
I was reading up the materials for borad I, seems like there will be stuffs envolving micro, anatomy and histology. So I was wondering what classes I should take to prepare for first and second year of dental school or board I? Microbiology, anatomy or histology? Thanks for any input :rolleyes:

I personally took 2 semesters of biochem and currently taking physiology and pharmacology. Keep in mind that while dental school like to see you have some upper bio courses like you've mentioned, they'd also like to see a variety. Because you will be studying all those sciences again during your first two years! Generally, they like to see some business courses on there- like accounting, economics, finance, etc as well as some arts and humanities. Don't focus too much on these upper bio courses- enjoy your undergrad! Taking "stupid and mindless" courses is a great way to diversify your cirruculum while boosting your GPA. :) Hope this helps~ :D

Good point my friend!