Classifying BCPM courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello! I need help with classifying the following courses:

Social and Ethical Issues in the Neurosciences (in the Neurobiology department, will probably classify this as BCPM)
Critical Issues in Child Health (focused a lot on anatomy/biology.... but also had some psychology aspects. in the biology department)
Bioterrorism/Biosecurity response (Biology/biotechnology? in bioengineering dept)

I'm thinking all of these classes count as BCPM. I just don't want to risk delaying my verification process (how long would it be delayed by AMCAS if they think a class is classified incorrectly?)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There’s an AAMC course classification guide with what to classify classes under, I would google it. Don’t think any of these fall under it, so I would use your best judgement.

Pro tip: they won’t think it’s classified wrong if there’s a reasonable explanation to classify it a certain way based on the course and department. It’s your preference but they both look like they’d be fine under biology.