Clerkship Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evilfluffybunny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through third year, planning on matching into EM. Step 1 was 252.

Clerkship grades so far:
Psych : A+ with very good narrative evaluation
Neuro : A with phenomenal, very long narrative evaluation, very detailed
Family Med : Pass with phenomenal, very very long narrative evaluation, very detailed
Surgery B+ : with generally positive but not particularly unique narrative evaluation
Surgical subspecialties : Pass with generally positive evaluations

I'm on peds now and it's been going kind of rough so far. I feel like I may not get great evals because I was wiped out from just finishing surgery for the first few weeks and I made a few small mistakes and just generally didn't make a great first impression. Things are going better now but I'm worried peds isn't going to go great and I'm freaking out about not getting an A in surgery.

I haven't thought much about what residency programs in particular I'd like to apply to, but I'm worried mostly because my husband is graduating business school before I graduate and will have a job somewhere by the time I'm applying, so I need to be a strong enough applicant to match somewhere in my top 3 so that I can make sure we end up living in the same city.

Can anyone tell me if I'm right or wrong to worry? Is a B+ in surgery and (maybe) a B/B+/A- in peds bad enough to screw up our plans, or am I just being a lunatic?

Members don't see this ad.

Just being a lunatic. Your Step 1 is 1SD from the median, you have great grades, and you have no red flags. EM Step 1 average is 230.

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously which medical schools are still giving letter grades for clerkships?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for replying. It's a little too easy third year to get in your own head and drive yourself nuts I guess...

sounds like a super highly anxious medical student. reminds me of back in the premed days of ppl wondering if a 42 mcat is good enough for med school lol

you will do fine.
you'll very likely do fine in Peds as well

Reactions: 1 user