Clerkship Grades

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by evilfluffybunny, 09.19.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. evilfluffybunny

evilfluffybunny 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm about halfway through third year, planning on matching into EM. Step 1 was 252.

Clerkship grades so far:
    Psych : A+ with very good narrative evaluation
    Neuro : A with phenomenal, very long narrative evaluation, very detailed
    Family Med : Pass with phenomenal, very very long narrative evaluation, very detailed
    Surgery B+ : with generally positive but not particularly unique narrative evaluation
    Surgical subspecialties : Pass with generally positive evaluations

I'm on peds now and it's been going kind of rough so far. I feel like I may not get great evals because I was wiped out from just finishing surgery for the first few weeks and I made a few small mistakes and just generally didn't make a great first impression. Things are going better now but I'm worried peds isn't going to go great and I'm freaking out about not getting an A in surgery.

I haven't thought much about what residency programs in particular I'd like to apply to, but I'm worried mostly because my husband is graduating business school before I graduate and will have a job somewhere by the time I'm applying, so I need to be a strong enough applicant to match somewhere in my top 3 so that I can make sure we end up living in the same city.

Can anyone tell me if I'm right or wrong to worry? Is a B+ in surgery and (maybe) a B/B+/A- in peds bad enough to screw up our plans, or am I just being a lunatic?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. boogaloo

boogaloo Senior Member 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Just being a lunatic. Your Step 1 is 1SD from the median, you have great grades, and you have no red flags. EM Step 1 average is 230.

MeatTornado and DermViser like this.
  4. DermViser

DermViser 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Seriously which medical schools are still giving letter grades for clerkships?

eablackwell likes this.
  5. evilfluffybunny

evilfluffybunny 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for replying. It's a little too easy third year to get in your own head and drive yourself nuts I guess...

6. Pons Asinorum

Pons Asinorum Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    Navy
    There. Fixed that for you.

evilfluffybunny likes this.
  7. anbuitachi

anbuitachi ASA Member 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    sounds like a super highly anxious medical student. reminds me of back in the premed days of ppl wondering if a 42 mcat is good enough for med school lol

you will do fine.
    you'll very likely do fine in Peds as well

cbrons likes this.
  8. notbobtrustme

notbobtrustme Crux Terminatus Banned Account on Hold 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    troll level : expert

About the ads