Cleveland Clinic Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Cleveland Clinic Florida Internal Medicine Program is a/an...

• Excellent Program

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shah_Patel_PT

MD FACP
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please comment on Cleveland Clinic Florida IM program.

Where do the residents here come from? what schools? countries?

Is this a good residency program??

Is there any advantage of getting a good fellowship in cards or GI if you did your residency here?

Do they offer prematches here?

Members don't see this ad.

Decent program, the residents seem happy, didactics are solid, and they do offer pre-matches. They have cardio and GI fellowships that I'm aware of but the GI fellowship has funding issues. They didn't accept a fellow I guess 2 years ago because of that (or so I heard). Relationship to the real cleveland clinic doesn't seem super strong. Residents seem mostly to be from local schools (UMiami and NSU-COM) and IMG's.

hospital is state of the art, near a very good city (weston) but also a very expensive city.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apart from the lack of funding for fellowships, the patient load seems excessively light...perhaps limiting the amount of exposure you get.

Apart from the lack of funding for fellowships, the patient load seems excessively light...perhaps limiting the amount of exposure you get.

Sorry - I think this is nonsense. The interns there are getting slammed. They constantly carry 12 patients each (ie: max. cap) with superfast private hospital turnover (average of 3 day stay). The hospital has even hired some new hospitalists so the average census per intern can be reduced to 10 patients.

I interviewed at this program. It has faults. A lack of patients is not one of them...

Sorry - I think this is nonsense. The interns there are getting slammed. They constantly carry 12 patients each (ie: max. cap) with superfast private hospital turnover (average of 3 day stay). The hospital has even hired some new hospitalists so the average census per intern can be reduced to 10 patients.

I interviewed at this program. It has faults. A lack of patients is not one of them...

Please elaborate on the faults.

hey where do u stay when ur iviewing there?

how far is the place from downtown miami and how to get there?

many thanks