Cliffs vs Cliffsnotes AP Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted371318

Hi guys,

Im seriously wondering what the difference between Cliffs and Cliffsnotes AP Biology.

(Cliffsnotes have CD included and is it useful?)

Which one do you recommend more?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had both Cliffs and Barrons, and I personally thought Barrons AP Bio covered more subjects thoroughly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deff buy both. The more bio you do the better. barron's had better practice test questions and cliff's was more thorough. There was not one topic I encountered on the DAT that wasn't covering in Cliff's. i suggest looking into topics that you feel fuzzy about that are eluded to in the workbook.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice!
One more question: is it necessary to use all three KBB, Barron's, and Cliffs for biology section ONLY?
I read in the forum someone actually studied with all three and did a really good job.
Although I have weakness at biology section, will it not take too much time?
Plz help me

People recommend multiple sources because the DAT covers Bio broadly so it's important to expose yourself to as much material as possible. Each book tends to have a little bit of information the others left out, or explains a concept in more detail. From my experience you don't actually need to sit there and read all of them through - I would read one of them thoroughly and then skim the other two sources for additional pieces of information that were missing from the other sources.

I used all three, and it worked out for me. However, I'd suggest only using KBB for the eye/ear and hormones--it's a really, really boring read. Barron's was my favorite, but Cliff's was very helpful as well. I went through Barron's 2x, studied the chapters I found most important in Cliff's 2x, and only went through KBB once. Yes, it is very time consuming; if you get it all down, though, it pays off!