Clinical EC help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1030321

Hey all!
I will be applying next cycle (taking one gap year), and I have 220 hours of clinical experience right now. I worked last summer for about 3 months as a CNA in an nursing home. I have been struggling to find any other clinical job/volunteering gig since then, and was wanting to know if I don't get another position that I can stick out for longer, if I would still be OK to apply? I realize that the very short duration of the activity makes it much weaker than it could have been. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have been struggling to find any other clinical job

CVS pharm tech...they're always hiring.
Fair amount of stress and very low pay, if you're okay with it. Lot of patient interaction though, and you're kept busy

Reactions: 1 user
Fair amount of stress and very low pay, if you're okay with it. Lot of patient interaction though, and you're kept busy

I hear a mix of things about pharm tech experience for pre-meds though. I don't see why it's not seen as a good experience? I know a couple people that just had pharm tech as their clinical exp and got into our state school. Which for us our first choices are our state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!
I will be applying next cycle (taking one gap year), and I have 220 hours of clinical experience right now. I worked last summer for about 3 months as a CNA in an nursing home. I have been struggling to find any other clinical job/volunteering gig since then, and was wanting to know if I don't get another position that I can stick out for longer, if I would still be OK to apply? I realize that the very short duration of the activity makes it much weaker than it could have been. Thanks :)
220 hours aren't terrible, but you are aware of the weakness -- 3 months over 5 years isn't really demonstrating any dedication or sustained commitment or level of interest. It looks light to me as a fellow applicant, but I would also love to hear what the adcoms think.

220 hours aren't terrible, but you are aware of the weakness -- 3 months over 5 years isn't really demonstrating any dedication or sustained commitment or level of interest. It looks light to me as a fellow applicant, but I would also love to hear what the adcoms think.
Agreed! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds potentially interesting, I don't care about stress/pay - as long as it is a good experience I will totally take it! I am looking into my local CVS pharmacy to see if they have an opening and am going to do some more research on being a pharm tech as a clinical experience.