Clinical Psych. Apps - List GRE scores on CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbt4lyfe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in the process of completing various online applications for clinical psych programs. In the coming week I was planning to upload my CV. I am trying to decide if including my General GRE (and possibly Psych GRE) scores on the front page of the CV makes sense. Have others done this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I'm in the process of completing various online applications for clinical psych programs. In the coming week I was planning to upload my CV. I am trying to decide if including my General GRE (and possibly Psych GRE) scores on the front page of the CV makes sense. Have others done this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I'd say no. You're already (presumably) sending those scores to the school, why include them again?

I don't think I know of anyone who included GRE scores on their CV. It sounds like it'd be padding.

I was wondering the same thing - I have listed SAT scores for jobs before and it has proven helpful.

Does anyone else have an opinion? What about SAT scores (since we wouldn't be sending those in)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. I don't want to seem like I'm padding, because that is not my intention. I thought of it as an easy way for POIs to see all of my specifics on one document, seemingly simplifying the process for them.

When the POI reads your app, they probably already have some kind of cover sheet that was put together by the admissions office. At least, we did when we were reading applications. I think putting your GRE on your CV would look really weird.

When the POI reads your app, they probably already have some kind of cover sheet that was put together by the admissions office. At least, we did when we were reading applications. I think putting your GRE on your CV would look really weird.

Ah, that makes sense! I think I'll keep it off of my CV.

Thanks for everyone's input.

While we're at it, what about your different GPAs? Put or no? Or what about putting like your last 2 years GPA if its really high and they didn't ask for it in the app?

While we're at it, what about your different GPAs? Put or no? Or what about putting like your last 2 years GPA if its really high and they didn't ask for it in the app?

Your GPA is on your transcripts. And since it's used as one of the main criteria to weed out applicants at the very beginning (along with GRE scores), it'll matter very little and won't make or break your application if you're a good applicant otherwise.