This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skeletorr

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have plenty of clinical experience (which I'm envious of)! Certainly clinical volunteering wouldn't hurt. But if you also have sufficient nonclinical volunteering that you already enjoy doing, looks like there's no need to worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, my question is if clinical volunteering is absolutely necessary if I already have plenty of clinical work experience? My previous work experience during and after college consisted largely of working as a CNA (nurse assistant) at a nursing home/assisted living facility. The total hours is ~1000.

I will be applying in 2019, so right now I'm working full-time and also trying to get more shadowing and nonclinical volunteering in, so I don't have a whole lot of extra time to do more.
You’re fine on clinical experience. Now it’s time to ramp up your shadowing experience. Try to stick to physicians within the primar care field (that’ll help you a lot during interviews)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have clinical experience. It doesn't matter whether it was paid or volunteer. Now focus on shadowing and community service (volunteering) that is non-clinical.

Reactions: 1 users
You have clinical experience. It doesn't matter whether it was paid or volunteer. Now focus on shadowing and community service (volunteering) that is non-clinical.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, those two will be my primary focus.