Is 200 hours clinical volunteering low?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichiganWolverinesFan

Probationary Status
Reaction score
I have ~100 hours of hospice volunteering and ~110 hours of free clinic volunteering. But I have around 1300 hours as a paid medical assistant at a family practicel. Would this look bad for adcoms since my clinical volunteering is low?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask you why you don't think it's enough?
Reading everyone's WAMC posts and Sankey posts from reddit have me feeling that I didn't do enough and the vague difference of clinical experience and volunteering had me 2nd questioning if I had enough experience to show adcoms that I'm ready. Sorry if it sounded neurotic, I just wanted to make sure it was enough before I submit my AACOMAS app next week.

I have ~100 hours of hospice volunteering and ~110 hours of free clinic volunteering. But I have around 1300 hours as a paid medical assistant at an urgent care and 100 hours as a CNA in a bariatrics department at a hospital. Would this look bad for adcoms since my clinical volunteering is low?
Altogether, it is more than adequate.

Reactions: 1 user
Your total clinical experience is excellent and it does not matter whether it's volunteer or paid. As long as you have at least a couple hundred hours of nonclinical volunteering as well you should be in great shape EC-wise.

I have ~100 hours of hospice volunteering and ~110 hours of free clinic volunteering. But I have around 1300 hours as a paid medical assistant at an urgent care and 100 hours as a CNA in a bariatrics department at a hospital. Would this look bad for adcoms since my clinical volunteering is low?
I have merged your 2 threads on this question.